Endocrinology fellowship 2022-23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello ! I am planning to apply for endocrinology fellowship for the upcoming 22-23 year. Since new year just began, I wanted to start a thread early and appreciate any advice on how to make my application more competitive. Also appreciate anyone with similar interests or career aspirations to get together and chat!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'll also be applying this summer. Excited to see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! figured I'd start this thread since applications were just released. Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 2 users
Down for WhatsApp! Seems like there are three "official" Endo threads going now so that might keep this more organized

Good luck everyone! So excited to fast forward to fellowship haha

Good Luck everyone!! (Y)

So nervous and excited at the same time !! Good luck to everyone 🍀

Good luck to everyone!
I got my first interview today at UCSF
Please keep us updated with your interviews,

Hi all, excited to join the Endocrinology community! :giggle:

Here are the invites I've received so far - I have 3 letters and still waiting on ERAS to process my fourth letter

7/20: UCSF, WashU in St Louis
7/21: Emory

damn doctorcatlove, those PDs really said:
Book Read GIF

Good luck everyone! Very excited for this to be the last time having to use ERAS.
My 4th letter was processed yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
all our your letters are released?
this stresses me out, i am still waiting on ERAS to release my letters
Yes, all my letters have been released.
Good luck; you will start getting IVs soon!

Hi all, excited to join the Endocrinology community! :giggle:

Here are the invites I've received so far - I have 3 letters and still waiting on ERAS to process my fourth letter

Amazing, congratulations!

Thanks all! Feeling really fortunate.

I received MGH and UTSW today

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, congrats on submitting this week and the interviews! Thanks for starting this thread. Does anyone want to make one of those google spreadsheets to better keep track of interviews? ☺️

(Also heads up! A few of the programs have been using a program called thamalus for the interview invites and scheduling)

Reactions: 4 users
Received Duke yesterday! updating the list:

7/22: UTSW, MGH, Duke

Reactions: 2 users
So excited for everyone here!! Going back to anxiously refreshing my email now. My letters were all submitted on time, but I'm going to be afraid something went wrong with my app until interview invites start coming in

Hello,

I finished my IM residency in 2017 and I have been a hospitalist from that time.
I am planning to apply for endocrine fellowship this year. But I am facing big problem getting LOR.
Most of the faculty who were running our IM program left. I tried to reach them but they did not look interested in providing LOR.
I tried to reach the endocrinologist with whom I did rotations with during my residency, but he is not responding.

Here in the hospital where I am working we do not have endocrinologist that provide services in the hospital or even in the city.
I will be getting LOR from our hospitalist director.

My question is getting LOR from pulm/nephro/GI physicians with whom I am working be enough or I should keep trying to get LOR from endocrinologist.
Ideally you should have at least one letter from an endocrinologist… doesn’t necessarily need to be from someone recent per se, but someone that has mentored you and help
With developing your interest in endocrine.

Hi everyone. I am a non US IMG from a uni-affiliate program applying for Endo. Applied to 37 programs (geographic restrictions). Didn’t hear anything yet. Is there a whatsapp group for this year?

I did not have a letter from an endocrinologist, but I was accepted into a program where I had rotated and they knew me. So in theory I could have asked any of them for a letter... I instead went from strong letters from faculty who knew me well and counted on the program knowing my face. Long story short, it is not necessary, but you need to have something that tells them you aren't picking endocrinology from a hat. Some kind of experience, if not an endocrinology letter. If you can tell a compelling story about why endocrinology and one of your letters supports that experience, that may be enough. Like have you spearheaded an inpatient diabetes program in your hospital? What sets you apart?

Also - good luck! Endocrinology is the best. :)

I did not have a letter from an endocrinologist, but I was accepted into a program where I had rotated and they knew me. So in theory I could have asked any of them for a letter... I instead went from strong letters from faculty who knew me well and counted on the program knowing my face. Long story short, it is not necessary, but you need to have something that tells them you aren't picking endocrinology from a hat. Some kind of experience, if not an endocrinology letter. If you can tell a compelling story about why endocrinology and one of your letters supports that experience, that may be enough. Like have you spearheaded an inpatient diabetes program in your hospital? What sets you apart?

Also - good luck! Endocrinology is the best. :)
How many places did you apply and how many interviews did you get?

Only one labeled as “official”

Mods could the separate threads be merged so info is all in one place?
Okey doke... two threads seemed to be for this year's cycle, and actually many of the recent posts had been made in last year's thread. I think I've moved all of the relevant posts into this thread.

Okey doke... two threads seemed to be for this year's cycle, and actually many of the recent posts had been made in last year's thread. I think I've moved all of the relevant posts into this thread.
Thanks! Though the one labeled the official 2022-2023 endocrinology fellowship thread is there… can this one be merged with that one?

Prisma @ South Carolina and Henry Ford sent out invites.

How many places did you apply and how many interviews did you get?
I am not the best metric here! I only applied to a few because I have a family and was not willing to move very far away. Knowing this, I made a point to get to know people in at least 2 programs. If you don't have the opportunity to make connections like this, just apply broadly. It is not the most competitive field. I think the main thing to do is to have a cohesive story of you, what makes you love endocrinology, and why you will be a good addition to their program.

Hi Everyone!
I'm a non-us img requiring visa
applied to 100 programs...have not heard anything yet! anxiety getting to me
those who received iv from henry ford and prisma health.. what are your creds like?

I am not the best metric here! I only applied to a few because I have a family and was not willing to move very far away. Knowing this, I made a point to get to know people in at least 2 programs. If you don't have the opportunity to make connections like this, just apply broadly. It is not the most competitive field. I think the main thing to do is to have a cohesive story of you, what makes you love endocrinology, and why you will be a good addition to their program.
I am an endocrinologist…so not about me… but you give your experience as a metric that one doesn’t need a letter from an endocrinologist…yet you are not willing to say how many interviews you got based on not having an endocrine LoR?

Hello all! Good luck to everyone!

I believe I saw that in the past they had made a google doc. How do we feel about starting a google doc?

Reactions: 5 users
That’s great, thank you! Can we please add a column about whether the applicant is US-MD or US-IMG or IMG.

Just wondering is there a pattern for when Endocrine interviews are sent out? Looking at last years thread, it appears most programs invite pretty early on with some invites trickling through mid Aug.

7/27/22 California Pacific Medical Center
Did they provide a link to the self scheduling website? I went ahead and emailed a response instead bc I didn’t see a link or hyperlink in the eras message

Did they provide a link to the self scheduling website? I went ahead and emailed a response instead bc I didn’t see a link or hyperlink in the eras message
You have to go into the Interviews tab in ERAS