English pre-reqs satisfied by masters thesis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bengalsfan0525

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question about pre-reqs required for English. Almost all schools require 6 hours of EH classes. I was curious if anyone has been able to use a master's classes, specifically a master's thesis class (S/U grading, not in English department), as a substitute for 3 hours of the requirement. The class time is used to develop and writet a thesis so I could see how this would satisfy the writing portion of the English requirement.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Question about pre-reqs required for English. Almost all schools require 6 hours of EH classes. I was curious if anyone has been able to use a master's classes, specifically a master's thesis class (S/U grading, not in English department), as a substitute for 3 hours of the requirement. The class time is used to develop and writet a thesis so I could see how this would satisfy the writing portion of the English requirement.

You are required to take a literature/writing class. Just buckle down and take it rather than trying to weasel your way out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
You are required to take a literature/writing class. Just buckle down and take it rather than trying to weasel your way out of it.

Not trying to weasel way out of it actually. Just was curious. Already have a literature done, but was curious since I have an undergraduate thesis class I took and am working on my master's thesis classes now.

Not trying to weasel way out of it actually. Just was curious. Already have a literature done, but was curious since I have an undergraduate thesis class I took and am working on my master's thesis classes now.

I say take it. Worst case scenario is you have to sit through a World Lit course, write a couple papers and get a free A.

From what I understood, it can literally be any topic literature course right?

I used my undergraduate thesis class as 3 of my 6 english credits, the only school I've had trouble with is WCUCOM; I applied to 23 schools.