ENT books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castaway

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the good books for ENT? reference/review/pocket books? what's "the bible" for ENT?

Members don't see this ad.

castaway said:
What are the good books for ENT? reference/review/pocket books? what's "the bible" for ENT?

I don't know about the "bible" for ENT, but when I asked our ENT residents which pocket books to or other references to use for my recent rotation, I was pointed toward ENT Surgical Secrets, Surgical Recall (which has a Head and Neck Section), and Otolaryngology Survival Handbook (there's a whole series of different books under this title).

castaway said:

I guess you are a medical student, judging by your post.

If that's accurate, I agree with Kim. You won't find a better book for your ENT sub-Is than ENT Secrets. If you're looking for a good pocket book (and ENT Secrets would barely fit in any pocket) for your 3rd year ENT elective, then I would suggest "Essentials" by Frank Lucente.

As far as the "bible" goes, I guess that would mean the 5 volume textbook otherwise known as "Cummings." It's pretty dense, obviously. A close second would be the 2 volume series otherwise known as "Bailey's."

There are books inbetween, however. There is Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Otolaryngology and K.J. Lee's "Essentials." These two are good first year ENT resident books.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody out there got a copy of...

Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery: Clinical Reference Guide
by R. Pasha

...that they're willing to sell?

smokey64 said:
Anybody out there got a copy of...

Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery: Clinical Reference Guide
by R. Pasha

...that they're willing to sell?

Ha!

Can't find that one anymore, eh? It's kind of a little gem, despite its glaring errors riddled through out the place. (It's a good pocket reference book for ENT residents.)

I have one....but I'm not selling

I have Pasha too, but like Secrets much better. I am almost finished reading ENT secrets for my subi and it was excellent... well written, high yield, yet comprehensive for a 3rd or 4th year going into ENT. It will fit it your coat if you have the oversized pockets, but you'll be walking with a limp! ;)
PD