Entering Pharmacy School During the Spring

Started by Migvin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Migvin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys - Are there any schools that accept students for a spring term instead of fall? All schools in my state (Florida) appear to only accept students for the fall.
 
I'm only aware of one school that has spring admissions: SWOSU (Southwestern Oklahoma State University). You may want to check it out. However, according to their website, they favor Oklahoma residents and the rest of their out of state spots are given to students from states that border Oklahoma.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately, I haven't seen too much of this.

They can maintain the linear sequence, but instead of working by years when it comes to graduating classes, they could do it by semesters.

Like this:

If you are entering in Fall 2008, you would be Class of Spring 2012, if you enter Spring 2009, you are Class of Fall 2012.

It can work, but the ACPE has a limit on the amount of students that a school can graduate every year, which I see as a stupid ploy to control the market. If there is a shortage in the market, you fix it by drastically increasing the supply. You're not gonna be able to lower the demand.

The only difference is that either they hire more professors, or the professors teach twice as much, which means they get paid twice as much, and I guess the tuition goes up as well.
 
The only difference is that either they hire more professors, or the professors teach twice as much, which means they get paid twice as much, and I guess the tuition goes up as well.
It may be true at some places, but SWOSU's pharmacy school tuition is actually less than OU's. I think that the main difference that where some schools have 3 of the same class for the fall semester, SWOSU offers that class 1 time during each semester. It all evens out in the end.