Step I enterochromaffin like cells embryology

Started by menniscus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

menniscus

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anybody could help on this.
Which is the origin of the enterochromaffin like cells ?? the ones involved in the histamine secretion within the stomach?
I didn't find any proper source ...
Thanks in advance!!
 
I was wondering if anybody could help on this.
Which is the origin of the enterochromaffin like cells ?? the ones involved in the histamine secretion within the stomach?
I didn't find any proper source ...
Thanks in advance!!

If i had to take a guess, I would say neural creat cells since ECL-cells are a type of neuroendocrine cell (like the cells in the adrenal medulla).
 
I did some research and I found sth similar, that they were not a neural crest derivative.
But the enterochromafin cells (not the ec like ones) are from the neural crest right??