Entire AADSAS Application Broken Down

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePredentLife.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I break down the dental school application so you can save time by compiling necessary information BEFORE the application opens in June.

I pinned the guide on my page here: The Predent Life

Also, be sure to LIKE the page if you found the guide helpful and want to get more tips/videos/essays/guides/resources to support you on your own predent journey.

**NOTE: The application is getting updated for the 2017-2018 cycle, but I'm fairly certain the content will more or less be the same!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
The ADEA has released updated instructions for the 2017-2018 cycle on their website. If you want to update your guide to have it be more accurate, you could do so. Great work with the page!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The ADEA has released updated instructions for the 2017-2018 cycle on their website. If you want to update your guide to have it be more accurate, you could do so. Great work with the page!

Duly noted, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding letters of evaluation. On the official application, do you just input the professor's email and it'll email them a confidential link? Do you have to sign up for interfolio then link it to your application?

Regarding letters of evaluation. On the official application, do you just input the professor's email and it'll email them a confidential link? Do you have to sign up for interfolio then link it to your application?
You can input the professor's email on the official application, but you may have to follow up with them to make sure they upload their letter. If you already have their letter saved on interfolio (which I recommend), then when the application opens, interfolio will give you a unique code/address that you put into the official application (where you would normally put your professors email) and Interfolio uploads their letter for you, usually within 24 hours.

I recently added a couple more posts to the page (The Predent Life), including a couple quick tips for collecting letters of recommendation. I will be posting a guide to using Interfolio (how to collect letters and upload them to AADSAS on June 1st) tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
How many letters of recommendation can you upload to your application? And do you have any tips for what to look for when deciding who to ask for your letters of rec? Thanks in advance for your help!

For example : 5 people in the family and the poverty guideline is 28k. My sister and brother are listed as independent. Does that make the family size of 3 instead or still qualify as 5 ?

Thanks much

How many letters of recommendation can you upload to your application? And do you have any tips for what to look for when deciding who to ask for your letters of rec? Thanks in advance for your help!
You can upload up to four letters on your application. I recommend asking two professors, one dentist, and one other (this could be another dentist). In my experience, most professors and dentists are open to help and willing to write a letter for you when asked. But one tip is to make it clear WHY you want to pursue dentistry when you meet with them!

For example : 5 people in the family and the poverty guideline is 28k. My sister and brother are listed as independent. Does that make the family size of 3 instead or still qualify as 5 ?

Thanks much
Even if your brother and sister are listed as independent, if more than half of their support comes from your parents, they can be included in your family size.

How do I make an account on the website? I don't exactly see a create an account button like you mention in the FB post.

I'm asking because I need an "ADA number" for the Fee application assistance form. I don't know where to get the ADA number from (I do have a dentpin). Do I have to pay for an ADA number too?

Edit: application asks for ADEA AADSAS number. Not ADA number. I don't know where to get an ADEA AADSAS number.

Last edited:
How do I make an account on the website? I don't exactly see a create an account button like you mention in the FB post.

I'm asking because I need an "ADA number" for the Fee application assistance form. I don't know where to get the ADA number from (I do have a dentpin). Do I have to pay for an ADA number too?

Edit: application asks for ADEA AADSAS number. Not ADA number. I don't know where to get an ADEA AADSAS number.
I'm assuming here that you're talking about the ADEA AADSAS application website, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The application officially opens on June 1st, so until then you will not be able to make an account. Once the application opens, you will need your dentpin to register (so looks like you're all good there) and once registered, you will be assigned an ADEA AADSAS number. This number will be displayed at the top of your homepage whenever you login to your application (however, they made some changes to the application this year so it might be displayed elsewhere; I will check on June 1st).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'm assuming here that you're talking about the ADEA AADSAS application website, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The application officially opens on June 1st, so until then you will not be able to make an account. Once the application opens, you will need your dentpin to register (so looks like you're all good there) and once registered, you will be assigned an ADEA AADSAS number. This number will be displayed at the top of your homepage whenever you login to your application (however, they made some changes to the application this year so it might be displayed elsewhere; I will check on June 1st).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
This helped thanks! If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks so much!

Once the application opens on Thursday (6/1), we can complete it in its entirety without having all the LORs uploaded, correct? From the application, you just input the emails of your professors/dentists, then they can upload it at a later time. After submitting the application, should a professor fail to respond is there a way to modify the application so you can send a LOR upload link (via email) to someone else?

I'm asking because I have 2 of my LORs secured (1 dentist, 1 research mentor) while my 2 science professors have not been responding to my emails. One of the science professors is on vacation until 3rd week of June while the other science professor is simply MIA. For the MIA professor, I reached out to the dean to see if he knows another way to reach him.

Once the application opens on Thursday (6/1), we can complete it in its entirety without having all the LORs uploaded, correct? From the application, you just input the emails of your professors/dentists, then they can upload it at a later time. After submitting the application, should a professor fail to respond is there a way to modify the application so you can send a LOR upload link (via email) to someone else?

I'm asking because I have 2 of my LORs secured (1 dentist, 1 research mentor) while my 2 science professors have not been responding to my emails. One of the science professors is on vacation until 3rd week of June while the other science professor is simply MIA. For the MIA professor, I reached out to the dean to see if he knows another way to reach him.
Yes. If needed, you will be able to submit both the official transcript and letters of recommendation after you complete your application. However, keep in mind that most dental schools will wait to receive both these items before they start reviewing your application!

If you make a mistake when requesting a letter (ex: not waiving your rights to the letter) or you want to request a letter to someone else, you are able to make changes. Simply delete the "mistake request," and make a new request with the correct/updated information.

It looks like you're being proactive with the situation, so hopefully your professors respond back soon. Good luck with the application cycle!

Thank you! This is so helpful. I just started the Interfolio to AADSAS process and was wondering when Interfolio would contact me after putting in the strange emails. I'll see what happens in 24 hours.

does it matter if you waive your rights to see the evaluation?