Epic failure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

I feel like a epic failure now. I just did the Kaplan free test, and I dont even know what to say. Feels like I was shot in the lungs (cant really breath right). I have been studying for a month, using EK 1001 question (ALL OF THEM) and this what I got:

PLEASE DONT LAUGH :(

PS - 2
VR - 4
BS - 4

I know, reallllllly low marks. DO I HAVE ANY HOPE BEFORE JUNE 21 for at least 28-30 range

Members don't see this ad.

Exactly how have you been studying? Maybe that can provide some insight. There's nothing to laugh about here.

The free test is always really difficult, I think I made a 16 on my first one, but I would definitely start working harder and take more practice tests so that you'll be prepared.

Go back through that test and see what you did wrong, figure out why you got it wrong (misread question, misunderstood the concept, or just didn't know the material well enough), then work on fixing those problems.

That'll help you the most.

4 steps to coming back from this:

1) Take anything EK and throw it in the garbage except the bio content review book.

2) Pick up TBR books for every subject and HAMMER... I mean HAMMER away at those.

3) Move your exam date back unless you can honestly see yourself putting in 12 hour days for a full month.

4) In 1.5-2 months laugh at this post and rock your FLs

You need to practice with passages as well as critical thinking and test taking strategies incorporated with the timing and format of the actual test. EK1001 is good for sharpening and toning your discrete skills and knowledge base but the hard part is not hidden in those.

Members don't see this ad :)
4 steps to coming back from this:

1) Take anything EK and throw it in the garbage except the bio content review book.

2) Pick up TBR books for every subject and HAMMER... I mean HAMMER away at those.

3) Move your exam date back unless you can honestly see yourself putting in 12 hour days for a full month.

4) In 1.5-2 months laugh at this post and rock your FLs

You need to practice with passages as well as critical thinking and test taking strategies incorporated with the timing and format of the actual test. EK1001 is good for sharpening and toning your discrete skills and knowledge base but the hard part is not hidden in those.

Nice!

Don't let this discourage you. Be glad you still have time to make adjustments and understand that the practice test is designed to make you feel like you need help (Kaplan's). Now you know you have to make some tweaks to your study regimen.

Hi, Thanks for all the Helpful tips:

The main problem was the wording and the structure of the question. They really made simple concepts difficult. Also, it was the first time I was under time condition. I think the whole experience reflected on my mark. But I dont want excuses....I NEED RESULTS.

I dont have 12 hours a day (5-6 hrs/day more realist), also if I order TBR now it will come to Canada in 2 weeks. They have a slow ordering system. My main weakness is PS, especially the physics. Any advices with physics?

Here's my advice... push back your exam date and study for this like your admission to medical school depends on it. I have the entire princeton review hyperlearning series, the entire TBR series and the EK 1001/bio content. I promise you from personal experience that spending the time doing TBR is the only of those three that can prepare someone sufficiently. The passages are challenging, the content is extremely thorough. I feel scrounging to do the best you can do by June is a waste of a month just like the past month might have been a waste for you. If you had started on TBR content a month ago, you'd have 1 month more of solid work left, you probably would have scored better this time and you would be extremely prepared when you finished. Do it right the first time, you'll be happier in the long run. The worst thing you can do is rush now and have to start all over again in July when you decide to do it right.

Here's my advice... push back your exam date and study for this like your admission to medical school depends on it. I have the entire princeton review hyperlearning series, the entire TBR series and the EK 1001/bio content. I promise you from personal experience that spending the time doing TBR is the only of those three that can prepare someone sufficiently. The passages are challenging, the content is extremely thorough. I feel scrounging to do the best you can do by June is a waste of a month just like the past month might have been a waste for you. If you had started on TBR content a month ago, you'd have 1 month more of solid work left, you probably would have scored better this time and you would be extremely prepared when you finished. Do it right the first time, you'll be happier in the long run. The worst thing you can do is rush now and have to start all over again in July when you decide to do it right.

I apprectiate your advice

I will not push it back (too early), instead I will put more time into. I will purchase the TBR for physic only. I think the rest of sections I can improve through more practice with what I have.

I will update my progess after I take AAMC #3

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

I apprectiate your advice

I will not push it back (too early), instead I will put more time into. I will purchase the TBR for physic only. I think the rest of sections I can improve through more practice with what I have.

I will update my progess after I take AAMC #3

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Best of luck, keep fighting the good fight :thumbup: