Epic/Physynergy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anezthezia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these guys? They have a few sites in the southeast. Considering looking into them.

I don't think they offer partnership track jobs.

CORRECTION: autocorrect got me in the title -- should read EPIX/PHYSYNERGY

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am new to all of this as i am looking at real jobs for the first time.

not speaking specifically about this group bc i don't know anything yet but in general, do groups that do not offer partnership track jobs have a kind of a clique mentality where the the partners are 'in' and everyone else is out? my fear with these types of jobs is that they will hire new or newer grads every once in a while, milk them for as long as they can with no intention of ever making them partner or having them rise in the ranks, and rinse and repeat once that person wises up and leaves?

i guess I'm asking vague questions but i feel a little lost with the red flags to look out for when looking into groups or contracts.

i am new to all of this as i am looking at real jobs for the first time.

not speaking specifically about this group bc i don't know anything yet but in general, do groups that do not offer partnership track jobs have a kind of a clique mentality where the the partners are 'in' and everyone else is out? my fear with these types of jobs is that they will hire new or newer grads every once in a while, milk them for as long as they can with no intention of ever making them partner or having them rise in the ranks, and rinse and repeat once that person wises up and leaves?

i guess I'm asking vague questions but i feel a little lost with the red flags to look out for when looking into groups or contracts.
That can always happen. What can also happen is that they will hire you with the best of intentions, then drop you if they or their surgeons don't like you, or if the group loses some contracts etc. This is capitalism, aka a jungle. Be careful out there.

This is why many people are tempted to take employee positions with AMCs or other entities. Don't let yourself be fooled, look at the entire package, look at the upside and downside long-term; sometimes it's better to be just an employee, other times it's worth playing the partnership track roulette. In many geographical markets, anesthesiologists are beggars who can't be choosers.

The best way to land a good job in the geographical area of your interest is to start looking for it early, even 2 years before. It takes a while to learn a market and to figure out who the good and bad guys are, what the market wants and where the opportunities lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way to land a good job in the geographical area of your interest is to start looking for it early, even 2 years before. It takes a while to learn a market and to figure out who the good and bad guys are, what the market wants and where the opportunities lie.

A lot of truth here, especially if you want to head to a competitive/desirable metro area.