Eponyms from pathologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdvs

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a recent discussion with a nephro fellow about what well-known (or not so well-known) medical eponyms came from path. Anyone know of a path web site or something similar that has a list of historical pathologists or origins of eponyms (i.e. Virchow, Aschoff, etc)? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

drdvs said:
I had a recent discussion with a nephro fellow about what well-known (or not so well-known) medical eponyms came from path. Anyone know of a path web site or something similar that has a list of historical pathologists or origins of eponyms (i.e. Virchow, Aschoff, etc)? Thanks

got a great website for yah, plenty o'historical references...

www.whonamedit.com

(super-creative title, huh?!) :idea: :idea: :idea:

drdvs said:

Mount Sinai's path department has coined more medical eponyms than any other instituton. They have a pretty cool "Hall of Fame" page.

http://www.mssm.edu/path/introduction/hall_of_fame.shtml

Cool. Thanks for the info. It nice to be able to school some of the clinical docs about how many of their patients diseases were never even described (or described incorrectly) before a pathologist was on the case. ;)

Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em