EPPP study buddy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MultiCultDr

Reaction score
Hi!

I’ve signed up today to take the EPPP on October 15th and was wondering if anyone was interested in joining me to stay motivated and on track.

I needed 4 more points to pass on my first attempt back in May. Now I know what I didn’t study and should have besides focusing on time management since I didn’t get to answer 20 questions.. I studied on and off for 2 months and full time for two weeks only.

Just in case I will be using some study materials from AATBS. I have the books and recordings and will probably purchase the domain quizzes questions (AATBS) for the first month since I’m thinking about getting the online exams from PsychPrep for the second month and the PEPPO. I’m not going to purchase the exams from AATBS this time since I already took them all and think the wording is very different from the actual test.

Any advice is always welcome and for anyone out there thinking on taking the EPPP soon remember there will be a second section added starting 2020 so schedule it ASAP if you don’t want to worry about it.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck! Its a crappy time but very do-able. I used Psychprep and LOVED it. One of the most helpful parts was their focus on problem solving/test taking skills rather than knowing all of the material. I took the EPPP recently, and on 95% (rough estimate) of the questions I was able to narrow it down to just two choices.

I've heard mixed things about ATTBS, and the most common criticism being it was an overload of facts to memorize.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, I'm taking the exam about the same time. Happy to link up for study support if you're keen.

Cheers

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking mine in November and would like a study buddy. Terrible thing is I work 50+ hours a week. I do have PsychPrep material and did attend their 15 week workshops but that was earlier this year and unfortunately my scores on the practice tests have gone down since revving up my studying now. Not sure if it is stress or not having the time to fully commit. l am hoping to obtain the weekend workshop recording to consolidate the practice. Please Contact me if anyone has this MP3 file or audio recording.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! Its a crappy time but very do-able. I used Psychprep and LOVED it. One of the most helpful parts was their focus on problem solving/test taking skills rather than knowing all of the material. I took the EPPP recently, and on 95% (rough estimate) of the questions I was able to narrow it down to just two choices.

I've heard mixed things about ATTBS, and the most common criticism being it was an overload of facts to memorize.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice.

Hi, I'm taking the exam about the same time. Happy to link up for study support if you're keen.

Cheers
Hi,

I’ve had some life events happening so I have been studying on and off during the past couple of weeks but will be setting a schedule to begin studying religiously starting this coming week. I’m currently going over the AATBS psychological assessment chapter since I had some questions on the EPPP related to this section. What are you working on now?

I am taking mine in November and would like a study buddy. Terrible thing is I work 50+ hours a week. I do have PsychPrep material and did attend their 15 week workshops but that was earlier this year and unfortunately my scores on the practice tests have gone down since revving up my studying now. Not sure if it is stress or not having the time to fully commit. l am hoping to obtain the weekend workshop recording to consolidate the practice. Please Contact me if anyone has this MP3 file or audio recording.

Oh wow that’s a heavy schedule. What did you think of the workshop? I don’t have their workshop recording but would like to know how will you be diving your studying time.

I also had some life- events interfere with my study timeline. Hoping to take the test before November and would be interested in linking up with someone to stay on track while working full time (50+ hours).

Well..After I read all the threads, I lost all my confidence... I graduated with M.A. in clinical psychology. I heard that Master level has a lower passing rate than Doctoral level...I just got approved for taking the examination this month. Since EPPP part 2 is going to be implemented on 01/01/2020. I want to pass EPPP by that time. it seems impossible to pass :X3:

Hi!

I’ve signed up today to take the EPPP on October 15th and was wondering if anyone was interested in joining me to stay motivated and on track.

I needed 4 more points to pass on my first attempt back in May. Now I know what I didn’t study and should have besides focusing on time management since I didn’t get to answer 20 questions.. I studied on and off for 2 months and full time for two weeks only.

Just in case I will be using some study materials from AATBS. I have the books and recordings and will probably purchase the domain quizzes questions (AATBS) for the first month since I’m thinking about getting the online exams from PsychPrep for the second month and the PEPPO. I’m not going to purchase the exams from AATBS this time since I already took them all and think the wording is very different from the actual test.

Any advice is always welcome and for anyone out there thinking on taking the EPPP soon remember there will be a second section added starting 2020 so schedule it ASAP if you don’t want to worry about it.

Good luck!
I am prepping for the EPPP. I hope to take it on the 26th of October. I hope you passed! Good luck!

Well..After I read all the threads, I lost all my confidence... I graduated with M.A. in clinical psychology. I heard that Master level has a lower passing rate than Doctoral level...I just got approved for taking the examination this month. Since EPPP part 2 is going to be implemented on 01/01/2020. I want to pass EPPP by that time. it seems impossible to pass :X3:

Hey!

I think you can definitely pass before that time and if you fail you have time to take it again before December.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know my studying status, just in case, if anyone is checking this thread. I purchased yesterday the one month PSYCHPREP online exams that come with the domain quizzes for each section. It was $350 and so far so good. I know my exam is scheduled for October 15th so it's grinding time. Prior to this, I have been reading the Psychological Assessments section from the AATBS books I had previously purchased for my first attempt but did not get to read this specific one. I mainly just made tables for the main tests which it was more for personal interest (I'm into neuropsy too) and remembered a few questions on the EPPP related to assessments.

Now, I've decided to focus only on taking the practice exams and studying from the domain quizzes of PSYCHPREP. They have more relevant information for their rationale and I've noticed that their questions are more straightforward than the AATBS exams. I've currently taken Exam A and scored a 46% which was low for me but expected since I was a little annoyed (not in a good mood to sit down and take the exam on study mode). Also, it was later in the afternoon and the library was packed so I had to sit in the loud area of the library.. however, I knew I had to do it to get myself into the hardcore studying more. My take from this experience was that I really like that they force you to retake the same exam on "RETAKE MODE" and then again in EXAM MODE so you pretty much have to take the same one 3 times (not right after the other of course). I'm going to be studying full-time for this entire month so check in to let me know what are you guys studying or working on right now.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping to take the EPPP by the end of November (hopefully even sooner if I can up my studying). Hoping to link with someone to stay on track! I have a collection of materials (mostly from AATBS) that I purchased used.

I am scheduled to test in November. Does anyone know where I can find the best practice test? I hear AATBS is not that great. Any help is appreciated.

Is there anyway we can all put a study group together?

I'm interested! What do you have in mind?

I have used study material as well...more like written notes from AATBS. Do you have any practice test? I purchased a program online that has 19 EPPP practice test.

I have used study material as well...more like written notes from AATBS. Do you have any practice test? I purchased a program online that has 19 EPPP practice test.
Yes, I have Skype! I have practice exams from AATBS and PsychPrep from 2016 I believe.

I am just reading this thread and would certainly be interested in joining a study group via skype. I have purchased used PsychPrep materials, have audio files as well as multiple exams (Academic Review, Psych Prep, AATBS); it's unclear the year some of these exams are from, however. I think I have to just schedule the exam to increase my motivation. I am in NY if anyone is local...
Also, which on-line program did you purchase the practice tests from?

I am just starting studying. Do you want to study together ?

I am just reading this thread and would certainly be interested in joining a study group via skype. I have purchased used PsychPrep materials, have audio files as well as multiple exams (Academic Review, Psych Prep, AATBS); it's unclear the year some of these exams are from, however. I think I have to just schedule the exam to increase my motivation. I am in NY if anyone is local...
Also, which on-line program did you purchase the practice tests from?
I am in Calgary , Canada but can do a Skype session. I purchased Psychprep but it expired and now I have to pay $125 each month I need their online test material

Not sure what to suggest. My guess is weekends may be best for everyone so maybe we can schedule one topic each week to review independently and then a f/u skype session to discuss, ask/answer questions, etc. Obviously we are all working from different study materials but that can be to our benefit...

Looking for an EPPP study buddy, perhaps just for accountability. Just starting to study with PsychPrep. Open to ideas...

Hi!

Good luck!
Did
Hi!

Good luck!
Did you pass ?

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the group and was wanting to know if anyone is planning on taking the EPPP this year?
Thanks,
Dr. M.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the group and was wanting to know if anyone is planning on taking the EPPP this year?
Thanks,
Dr. M.
Hey Hey!!
I'm in Queens, NY. I'm open to a study partner. I'm looking to schedule the exam for February. If you're interested you can reach me at [email protected].

Does anyone have the "Goldmine Files" from the old EPPP yahoo group? The group no longer exists for some reason.

Thanks

New to this thread - starting to grind out study sessions and wondering if anyone has had trouble using "older" (circa 2016ish) materials for studying versus purchasing online practice exams/tests? Any recommendations for which company is best?

New to this thread - starting to grind out study sessions and wondering if anyone has had trouble using "older" (circa 2016ish) materials for studying versus purchasing online practice exams/tests? Any recommendations for which company is best?

There are a few dozen threads that discuss this pretty in depth, just search the forum for EPPP in the thread title and you'll find a bunch.

There are a few dozen threads that discuss this pretty in depth, just search the forum for EPPP in the thread title and you'll find a bunch.
Thanks, been looking through those posts just wasn't sure if there were any fairly recent discussions. Appreciate the reply.

Anecdote of one, but I used pretty old materials to study and supplemented DSM changes. Ignored practice questions from DSM IV and it was all good.

I am starting to prepare for the EPPP and am seeing the crazy costs of registering. The costs are just out of reach for myself, as a current intern and soon to be post-doc. Is anyone aware of any programs or scholarships that can help reduce the cost or has anyones post-doc site helped with costs? I want to explore all options before spending that much! Thanks in advance.

Not aware of any post-doc stipends for costs of EPPP. Some sites will give you study time, or an extra day off to take the test, but haven't seen anyone offering funds for it yet. Many sites, or the students within the site will have older study materials that get passed around to defray some of those types of costs.

At least at the site I'm at for postdoc, we were able to use our educational funds to pay for costs of the EPPP. So that may be something to look into at your postdoc if you are going to receive educational funds.

Hi,

I am looking for a study buddy for the next 2-3 months. I have not passed in my previous attempts. So I though this could be a good idea. I do work full time and have a small practice so I am going to invest more time on my studying. I only did about 10 or so a week. But I am committed to do at least 25 per week. Anyways. I am off on Fridays so if anyone is interested, please let me know. We can do zoom, skype, teams....google.

Thanks,

My email is [email protected] and live in California.

Thanks again and good luck everyone.