eras experience section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedGrl@2022

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a very non-traditional applicant. I spent nearly 7 years prior to medical school doing research in several labs working on several projects. I did some basic lab work and then mostly clinical research. I am trying to consolidate my research experience into one section on ERAS since there are a limited number of experiences that one can enter on the ERAS application. My issue is that this is difficult with the limited characters. Do I highlight one lab or project that I worked in/on? Also if there is a 1-3 year gap between graduating undergrad and my ERAS application will residency programs care?

I was pretty active during medical school with research and organizations so I want to make sure that I highlight those too.

Members don't see this ad.

There was also a year where I did not have any research and I was waitressing. I did some volunteering. There are many things that I could add

Putting things before med school is basically a philosophy debate. The middle ground is basically to put things that are:

1) done after undergrad but before med school
2) exemplary (running a company, winning an Olympic medal etc)
3) specific to your field

Putting things before med school is basically a philosophy debate. The middle ground is basically to put things that are:

1) done after undergrad but before med school
2) exemplary (running a company, winning an Olympic medal etc)
3) specific to your field
And I will never understand why this is even debated. The experiences is essentially your CV. It encompasses who you are as a person and what you have accomplished in life. My life didn't start when I started medical school, so I have no intention of only including things I have done in the last 3 years.

Reactions: 1 users