ERAS Letter of Rec.

Started by turica
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turica

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm wondering, am I able to get a LOR and decide not to use it later?

Do I get to choose which letters are sent to which residency programs?

Basically, can I just almost "store" a LOR that I may or may not use later or will all of them get sent?

Thanks
 
So I'm wondering, am I able to get a LOR and decide not to use it later?

Do I get to choose which letters are sent to which residency programs?

Basically, can I just almost "store" a LOR that I may or may not use later or will all of them get sent?

Thanks

Yes, you can assign LORs specifically to each program you are applying to and leave some unused if you want. If you apply to more than one specialty, you have to make sure that the LORs selected are for the correct field for the given program.