The_Bird

Smash capitalism and chug the coleslaw juice
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I’m sorry you’re upset. But congrats to you as well, Doctor!

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Ads
Sep 4, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Matched into the middle half of my list; I don't even know where exactly I ranked this program (8, 9 or 10)!
Crying my eyes out right now!!! It goes even lower than my safe programs which I placed there to prevent surprise...
Don't know how to deal with this right now

I am with @ciestar here! Will be crying my eyes the rest of the day and weekend too...

May 2, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Congrats to all who matched! Good job to those who matched where they wanted. For those who are a bit disappointed, don't fret - it may suck but know that you still have 3-7 years of training to go and there are so many other factors such as work ethic that determine your success and trajectory. Focus on what you can control.
If you are still feeling down, please talk it out with friends or family and see a psychiatrist or therapist to seek help. Mental health is a big deal these days.

FMDoge2020

Stay safe folks
2+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Matched into west coast :( was not expecting it at all. Was in shock for 10minutes straight

Reactions: Osteoth

The_Bird

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student
If you need to talk, the SDN M4 squad is here. Take care of yourself and find that contentedness at your own pace.

Reactions: Giovanotto

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status
Medical Student
I’m sorry @ciestar you’re my all grown up MS4 that I’ve always admired on SDN. I hope with time and actually getting to your program you get less disappointed and start getting excited. Sending you love

basikfx

2+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
When can I expect the programs to contact me about orientation and contract? Any idea?

About the Ads

samac

5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Got the congratulations email from my future PD, I’m a little concerned because out of the 4 of us I’m the only one not from the home institution. They’re not known for being a home institution only kind of place. I’m a little worried that I’ll be the outcast since everyone else went to school together.

Reactions: sunshinefl

diesel2202

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I haven't received anything from my program still...should I be worried? Should I contact the program first?
I wouldn't worry about it. Of my classmates I've talked with, I'd say about half have received something from their program so far.

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
For those that matched and are happy with the outcome, congrats and enjoy

For those that matched and are disappointed/unhappy, I'll just say we see a good number of posts like this every year. In many cases, those posters return 6 months later telling us that matching "so low" on their rank list ended up being a godsend, and that "if they knew back then what they knew now, the program would have been at the top of their list".

CyrilFiggis

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2014
Status
Medical Student
For all those that got their top choice, congrats. For everyone who match low/lower on their list, chin up. I’m currently talking to friends who failed to match to any program who are stuck doing random prelim years and would love to trade with you in a heartbeat.

About the Ads

HowAreYaNow

Future head shrinker, current beer drinker
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully in your heart, certainly on your screen
Status
Medical Student
Matched to my #2 in psychiatry.

Was really hoping for my #1 but I'm beyond thrilled to be back in a place where I know I'll be happier.

I'm still over the moon and can't wait to get started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

samac

5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I went to look at a condo in my future town and I'm now going through the process of getting pre-approved for a physician loan. Everything in the town that's worth buying stays on the market for 12-24 hours so I have to get an early start on this if I'm going to move into something in May like I want. Yee-haw.

Last edited:
About the Ads

bon22

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student
How are y'all apartment/house shopping? Ideally I would've like to visit the city and check out places, but that's not exactly feasible right now.
I might just bite the bullet and head out there. Flights Denver->Atlanta are $45 each way right now, but I made sure they're fully refundable.

HowAreYaNow

Future head shrinker, current beer drinker
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully in your heart, certainly on your screen
Status
Medical Student
How are y'all apartment/house shopping? Ideally I would've like to visit the city and check out places, but that's not exactly feasible right now.
I would love to get down to NYC right now but there's not exactly anyone down there who can show me apartments atm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
It looks like a lot of people are not offering in person home tours anymore but are offering video tours. Regardless before I sign a lease unless I know the exact area and have been to it, I want to at least see where it’s located in person and what the vibe is. I can handle some “hmm on video that room looked a bit bigger”. If we are going to be working pandemic hours I need to feel safe getting into my apartment at odd hours.

curbsideconsult

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2018
Status
Medical Student
am from a low tier MD school
But you also got 260s on steps, all honors clerkships, and AOA. Any program that ranked you low or didn't rank you based solely on your tier of MD school would have been an idiot to do so.* You kicked a s s and earned it. Congratulations!

*Yes, I know some programs do that. They're stupid.

Matthew9Thirtyfive

brush border
Administrator
2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
Medical Student
@Epilepsy365 @The_Bird @samac @sunshinefl @wysdoc

Can you guys remove my quotes from your post? My identity isn't as anon as I'd like it to be, apparently.
I just went and deleted all your quotes after match results were out. Just so everyone knows they didn’t do anything wrong, but we try to support users in maintaining anonymity if they want it.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I just went and deleted all your quotes after match results were out. Just so everyone knows they didn’t do anything wrong, but we try to support users in maintaining anonymity if they want it.
I appreciate it.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Starting to realize now that it’s all about to come to an end. Gonna miss my school and friends so much. I remember when I moved out to my school 4 years ago I was skeptical that I’d ever become as close to anyone here as other friends I’ve had and I was wrong. Super happy that I matched and that too in my home state, but I’m definitely going to be sad to see all of us split up and go our own ways. Anyone else feel the same way?

The_Bird

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student

Osteoth

Fake it till ya' make it
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2012
East coast
Status
Medical Student
Starting to realize now that it’s all about to come to an end. Gonna miss my school and friends so much. I remember when I moved out to my school 4 years ago I was skeptical that I’d ever become as close to anyone here as other friends I’ve had and I was wrong. Super happy that I matched and that too in my home state, but I’m definitely going to be sad to see all of us split up and go our own ways. Anyone else feel the same way?
Nope, mostly hated it, glad to get out of dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 20, 2019
It looks like a lot of people are not offering in person home tours anymore but are offering video tours. Regardless before I sign a lease unless I know the exact area and have been to it, I want to at least see where it’s located in person and what the vibe is. I can handle some “hmm on video that room looked a bit bigger”. If we are going to be working pandemic hours I need to feel safe getting into my apartment at odd hours.
Hopefully this helps those looking for housing remotely... Found a place we are interested in and would sign up for it if possible but feel at a disadvantage being remote + they are hosting an open house today and tomorrow... what to do what to do...

Epilepsy365

Probationary Status
Oct 1, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hopefully this helps those looking for housing remotely... Found a place we are interested in and would sign up for it if possible but feel at a disadvantage being remote + they are hosting an open house today and tomorrow... what to do what to do...
Don't worry dude. We're entering an inflection point for buyers and sellers. With the stock market crashing, buying offers will dwindle down drastically.

Only settle for prices that are equivalent to the 2014-2016 rate.

samac

5+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Welp, got preapproved for a loan put in a low ball offer the realtor wasn't comfortable with on the townhouse I liked and they accepted. Haha realtor. With the coronavirus stuff my closing date will be mid-May, so I'm happy to be getting this process started now. I think they just wanted out of it and were afraid of the market. The unfortunate thing is for some damn reason the mortgage rates went back up in the last 48 hours -.-

Dr. Death

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
Welp, got preapproved for a loan put in a low ball offer the realtor wasn't comfortable with on the townhouse I liked and they accepted. Haha realtor. With the coronavirus stuff my closing date will be mid-May, so I'm happy to be getting this process started now. I think they just wanted out of it and were afraid of the market. The unfortunate thing is for some damn reason the mortgage rates went back up in the last 48 hours -.-
What'd they quote you at?

About the Ads