ERAS Transcripts, Graduate Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boricua27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening forums.

From what I understand you only upload medical school transcripts to ERAS. I don't see a way to upload my Master's degree transcript. I imagine programs may want to know about my performance in my Master's but I guess not enough to warrant a place for the transcript in ERAS. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Good evening forums.

From what I understand you only upload medical school transcripts to ERAS. I don't see a way to upload my Master's degree transcript. I imagine programs may want to know about my performance in my Master's but I guess not enough to warrant a place for the transcript in ERAS. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

We barely care about your medical school grades, why would we care about your master's degree grades?

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OP your grades are important and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I would mass email every program you applied to and make sure they knew what kind of student you were in your masters program.

Hope this helps!
DBV

I know you mean well so I'll answer in a better way: there is no place to put your master's transcript because they don't care about your grades in it or the degree at all. We're talking about grades that are 3+ years old and not clinically significant. The only thing residency programs care about is what you did in medical school UNLESS you did some significant research in anything before starting medical school.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Take it easy.

Reactions: 1 user
I know you mean well so I'll answer in a better way: there is no place to put your master's transcript because they don't care about your grades in it or the degree at all. We're talking about grades that are 3+ years old and not clinically significant. The only thing residency programs care about is what you did in medical school UNLESS you did some significant research in anything before starting medical school.

I wouldn't go that far. I care if someone has a PhD or an MPH. I think that all of our faculty care as well when we are recruiting. But, the fact that you got the degree is more than enough for us to know. Kinda in the same way that we just care that you got the MD, not what your biochem grade was. We obviously want strong academic applicants, but trying to suss out the details of grades is a pretty big grind and not particularly accurate, so we depend on surrogates most of the time.

All they care about is your Step 1 score dude. You could be the next Debakey or Harvey, and they wouldn't give two craps without a 240+. Funny thing is a lot of people reviewing your app would stand 0 chance of getting into programs these days if they were applying with the same app they had back in the day.

All they care about is your Step 1 score dude. You could be the next Debakey or Harvey, and they wouldn't give two craps without a 240+. Funny thing is a lot of people reviewing your app would stand 0 chance of getting into programs these days if they were applying with the same app they had back in the day.

But they wouldn't be. We have access to all sorts of test prep materials and easy research via existing databases and statistical software that they didn't have. The top applicants then would be top applicants now, it's not like we're way smarter and more productive than prior students--if anything we're probably lazier and more entitled (not that I'm complaining, but I rarely if ever broke 80 hrs/week as a student and never had to deal with **** like people throwing instruments in the OR), not to mention we graduate with way less hands on experience due to liability concerns. Cross generational comparisons like these are useless unless you're talking about specialties that used to be non-competitive and have since become so.

Reactions: 1 users
But they wouldn't be. We have access to all sorts of test prep materials and easy research via existing databases and statistical software that they didn't have. The top applicants then would be top applicants now, it's not like we're way smarter and more productive than prior students--if anything we're probably lazier and more entitled (not that I'm complaining, but I rarely if ever broke 80 hrs/week as a student and never had to deal with **** like people throwing instruments in the OR), not to mention we graduate with way less hands on experience due to liability concerns. Cross generational comparisons like these are useless unless you're talking about specialties that used to be non-competitive and have since become so.

How ****ed up are you/we that we consider not being assaulted some sort of entitlement? In most normal offices, throwing a piece of equipment at someone's head wouldn't be a common or expected occurrence.

How ****ed up are you/we that we consider not being assaulted some sort of entitlement? In most normal offices, throwing a piece of equipment at someone's head wouldn't be a common or expected occurrence.
Entitled was a poor choice of words on my part. I don't consider behavior like that to ever be justifiable, but your revulsion to it proves my point with regards to what previous generations of trainees had to deal with. Personally I'm perfectly happy to be in the era of work hour restrictions and step score inflation.

Entitled was a poor choice of words on my part. I don't consider behavior like that to ever be justifiable, but your revulsion to it proves my point with regards to what previous generations of trainees had to deal with. Personally I'm perfectly happy to be in the era of work hour restrictions and step score inflation.

You shouldn't be proud of accepting ****ty treatment any more than all the women coming forward now should be proud of accepting decades of boob grabbing, sexual favor-demanding, and nasty language using bull****. Insulting us and implying we're weak for not wanting to be treated poorly is somewhere between Stockholm syndrome and being an ass.

You shouldn't be proud of accepting ****ty treatment any more than all the women coming forward now should be proud of accepting decades of boob grabbing, sexual favor-demanding, and nasty language using bull****. Insulting us and implying we're weak for not wanting to be treated poorly is somewhere between Stockholm syndrome and being an ass.

I don't know if you can't read or what, but you should try it next time before you type out another bizarrely aggressive response to some arguments I didn't make.

Edit: life is too short to argue with someone who isn't willing or able to try to understand what I'm arguing or express themselves like a reasonable adult. Just gonna go ahead and put you on ignore.

Last edited: