Error in Primary - Need Advice (Activities)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idiomaddict

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Just noticed an error on my AMCAS primary for one of the activities I listed. It was an activity I did during college, and I mistakenly put the wrong year in the date range. I'm sweating it a bit because I specified that I did it in college, and the year I added put it after I graduated by a few months. Is this worth emailing my schools to clarify, or should I just have a short explanation prepared if it comes up in interviews? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just noticed an error on my AMCAS primary for one of the activities I listed. It was an activity I did during college, and I mistakenly put the wrong year in the date range. I'm sweating it a bit because I specified that I did it in college, and the year I added put it after I graduated by a few months. Is this worth emailing my schools to clarify, or should I just have a short explanation prepared if it comes up in interviews?
Have you already sent in Secondaries? If not, that may be an avenue for correction. So would be a fall update letter (where allowed). I don't think this error (if it's even noticed) will disadvantage you enough to warrant an immediate correction by an email, but I can understand wanting to set the record straight eventually in case the Contact is queried (which won't happen anytime soon).

Have you already sent in Secondaries? If not, that may be an avenue for correction. So would be a fall update letter (where allowed). I don't think this error (if it's even noticed) will disadvantage you enough to warrant an immediate correction by an email, but I can understand wanting to set the record straight eventually in case the Contact is queried (which won't happen anytime soon).
Thanks! I'm almost done with the secondaries, but I'm hesitant about adding it in; just seemed like an unnecessary use of space for something that is easy enough to explain in an interview or maybe in an update letter.