Error on primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephennmnm

Reaction score
Hello SDN, I was reading my primary application and realized that I made a mistake with regards to some circumstances that my father was in when he was young. The main point I was trying to make was that he struggled during period X, which is completely true. This main point is what I bridge to myself in my essay and how it impacted me. However, in describing his struggle, I made a few assumptions that I am only now finding out were not true (the statements that were not true were literally less than one sentence).

Let me use an analogy (that is not true lol): I describe my father as homeless which is completely true and the main point of what I am trying to write and convey, however, in describing his struggle (homelessness) I assume and mention that he was jobless (I do not go into any detail, just use that one word), which is false. I had no intention of blatantly lying or anything malicious. Is this something I need to be worried about? To be fair, my father looked over it and read it but didn’t correct me at the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN, I was reading my primary application and realized that I made a mistake with regards to some circumstances that my father was in when he was young. The main point I was trying to make was that he struggled during period X, which is completely true. This main point is what I bridge to myself in my essay and how it impacted me. However, in describing his struggle, I made a few assumptions that I am only now finding out were not true (the statements that were not true were literally less than one sentence).

Let me use an analogy (that is not true lol): I describe my father as homeless which is completely true and the main point of what I am trying to write and convey, however, in describing his struggle (homelessness) I assume and mention that he was jobless (I do not go into any detail, I literally just say that one word and move on), which is false. I had no intention of blatantly lying or anything malicious. Is this something I need to be worried about? To be fair, my father looked over it and read it but didn’t correct me at the time.
Personally, I would try to avoid assuming things in the first place. However, if I was in your situation, I would most likely just leave it. No one is going to ask you specifically if you were telling the truth about your Dad or not. Other people might recommend updating schools or your application, but I personally don't think it's significant enough for you worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I would try to avoid assuming things in the first place. However, if I was in your situation, I would most likely just leave it. No one is going to ask you specifically if you were telling the truth about your Dad or not. Other people might recommend updating schools or your application, but I personally don't think it's significant enough for you worry about.
Thank you for your response. I did assume it but also has my father look over it and he never said anything about it.
On one hand I did make a mistake on my AMCAS, but on the other the mistake had absolutely NOTHING to do with me and my story. Another problem is that it is also an emotional appeal, but again, does not relate to me. Mainly just wondering how this affect me if it were somehow brought to light.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody is going to fact check your dad.
I’m only slightly concerned because his struggle really had a large impact on me and something I talk about and bring up throughout my app. I agree that this will likely not be caught, but if on the off chance it is somehow found out, what could the repercussions be? Would a simple explanation of “That was my mistake, I made an incorrect assumption about his early adult life” be suffice? Would this qualify as a reason to have an acceptance rescinded?

I’m only slightly concerned because his struggle really had a large impact on me and something I talk about and bring up throughout my app. I agree that this will likely not be caught, but if on the off chance it is somehow found out, what could the repercussions be? Would a simple explanation of “That was my mistake, I made an incorrect assumption about his early adult life” be suffice? Would this qualify as a reason to have an acceptance rescinded?
Won’t happen. Chill.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.