Aug 22, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I've searched the site for topics like this and it seems this comes up quite often, but I felt I wanted some external input on my specific case anyway. Basically in thinking about past challenges I faced and how I overcame them, I don't think there were any monumental, life-changing moments, and I'm unsure what to write about.

The only thing I can think about is this: early into my undergrad, I had the choice of continuing my degree but abandon a business venture that a friend and I got considerable funding and support in, or pause school for a year or two and see where the business goes. It took a lot of deliberating and I sought advice from lots of people, but ultimately I feel like writing this as the challenging situation comes off as privileged and a bit entitled.

But other than that, I don't have a lot to write about. Maybe I can write about how when I was really young (think grade 6ish), I was bullied for a while and I coped by withdrawing to games 24/7. But because this happened so long ago I don't really think too much of it and wouldn't be able to talk about it at length. I also got over it without seeking any external support, so I don't think it highlights healthy coping mechanisms (which I think is the goal of this essay).

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks :)

EDIT: nevermind, just remembered something worth talking about, not sure how I forgot about it. I'll leave the thread up for discussion :); I can quickly talk about this challenge if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.