Essay - Challenges Faced

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetlae

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've searched the site for topics like this and it seems this comes up quite often, but I felt I wanted some external input on my specific case anyway. Basically in thinking about past challenges I faced and how I overcame them, I don't think there were any monumental, life-changing moments, and I'm unsure what to write about.

The only thing I can think about is this: early into my undergrad, I had the choice of continuing my degree but abandon a business venture that a friend and I got considerable funding and support in, or pause school for a year or two and see where the business goes. It took a lot of deliberating and I sought advice from lots of people, but ultimately I feel like writing this as the challenging situation comes off as privileged and a bit entitled.

But other than that, I don't have a lot to write about. Maybe I can write about how when I was really young (think grade 6ish), I was bullied for a while and I coped by withdrawing to games 24/7. But because this happened so long ago I don't really think too much of it and wouldn't be able to talk about it at length. I also got over it without seeking any external support, so I don't think it highlights healthy coping mechanisms (which I think is the goal of this essay).

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks :)

EDIT: nevermind, just remembered something worth talking about, not sure how I forgot about it. I'll leave the thread up for discussion :); I can quickly talk about this challenge if anyone is interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: