1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

essay.. too specific?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Britty894, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Britty894

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey everybody!

Im finishing up working on my personal statement, and I open about my interest in dentistry which stemmed from orthodontics... I tied my own experience with braces into my experience working in an orthodontic lab and how I felt satisfaction by creating a product with my hands that would help others... do you think that gives off the impression that I ONLY want to be an orthodontist? Because that is not the case.. I talk about shadowing a dentist and the importance of oral health later in my essay.. i just dont want the adcoms to get the impression that Im one of those ppl that already thinks they can specialize... what do you think?? Thanks!!!:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bruinlove

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I think you should be fine as long as you didn't specifically state that 'Orthodoctic rocks and I wanna become an orthodontist.'

You like to use your hand that would help others. This is the main point.
    And what's wrong with the dream of becoming an orthodontist?

I think adcome people already know that almost everyone wants to become an orthodontist when he/she enters dental school. :D

4. UCSF2012

UCSF2012 Tooth Rehab Student
    2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    If you risk one adcom member questioning your intentions, then you'd want to find a new approach.