Official Personal Statement & Secondary Editor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Stalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've received years of great advice and help on SDN, and I want to help out by critiquing and editing students essays. Please DM me and identify:
1. PS or Secondary
2. If secondary, what school

I may respond with some questions via DM to clarify some of your references in your work.

Credentials
-Accepted med student, so I wrote at least one secondary that had to be decent :p
-3+ years of literary work, newspaper, school magazine - HS
-4 years of the same experiences but throughout college

As of now, I've reviewed around 14 PS and 30 something secondaries for the 2017-2018 cycle (the current cycle) and I'd love to help some more.

Hit me up, slide in my DMs folks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
You should change your status from pre-med

Reactions: 1 user
Aren't you that super cynical poster in WAMC who swore the only thing that matters is a high mcat?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance.
This is very nice of you, But aren't you like a 3 time re applicant?

Reactions: 3 users
You should change your status from pre-med
Thanks! Forgot to do that.

Aren't you that super cynical poster in WAMC who swore the only thing that matters is a high mcat?
After getting burned by every school I've applied to, I have a rather bleak attitude towards the MCAT. We can argue endlessly, but you likely won't change your mind, nor will I. In a nutshell, I had (what I think) an ideal application is, hence the interviews. But, when 2/3 of the schools you interview at, WL, and get rejected from say "your MCAT sucked, sorry we couldn't admit, we still use MCAT post interview" I at least accepted it. Take it for what its worth, in general maybe a 500 can squeeze by into a MD, I'm sure they do, I just can't (now) suggest someone apply with it to an MD school and think they'll get accepted because of a "Great personal statement" haha, trying to tie it back to my original post and title.

Congrats on your acceptance.
This is very nice of you, But aren't you like a 3 time re applicant?
Yep. First two cycles were unsuccessful becuase of lackluster MCAT scores. I was below 10th%ile at nearly 4/5 of the schools I applied to (and they were all "low tier"!). Its free help, I enjoy editing, hence I offer free PS & Secondary, and not free MCAT tutoring - I'd certainly NOT be qualified for that!

Will you still be around next year?

Jk, I'm sure you'll be a liiiittle bit busier around then ;)

OP offers a free service that he isn't forcing you to use, and people will still try to **** on him. Grow up SDN.

Thanks for your contribution @Dr. Stalker and enjoy medical school.

Reactions: 10 users
First wave is done, keep 'em coming folks!

Second wave is done, ~bump~
I've gotten a ton of feedback on mine but I'll always welcome more so I may send you mine! Gotta get a chance to make some corrections from previous people who've read it first though as I haven't had time to make edits lately.

I can read any PS and give short feedback on content.
Same as OP accepted and bored waiting for med school to start.

Reactions: 1 users
Just came across this thread and wanted to say congratulations, @Dr. Stalker!!! Just from lurking SDN for so long I know how diligent you've been through the setbacks the past several years and I'm so happy for you! Best of luck in med school!

I've received years of great advice and help on SDN, and I want to help out by critiquing and editing students essays. Please DM me and identify:
1. PS or Secondary
2. If secondary, what school

I may respond with some questions via DM to clarify some of your references in your work.

Credentials
-Accepted med student, so I wrote at least one secondary that had to be decent :p
-3+ years of literary work, newspaper, school magazine - HS
-4 years of the same experiences but throughout college

As of now, I've reviewed around 14 PS and 30 something secondaries for the 2017-2018 cycle (the current cycle) and I'd love to help some more.

Hit me up, slide in my DMs folks!
Just wanted to say I'm glad you got in this time around.

Just came across this thread and wanted to say congratulations, @Dr. Stalker!!! Just from lurking SDN for so long I know how diligent you've been through the setbacks the past several years and I'm so happy for you! Best of luck in med school!

Just wanted to say I'm glad you got in this time around.
Thank you @Skydive Fox and @Chelsea FC. While I didn't want to have to reapply so many times, it's worth it. Excited to be part of a group of students selected to be a physician! :)

Third wave is done, ~bump~

I do apologize in the lateness of responding to some of your PS's, I was busy with school. Semester is finished, and it's the peak season for PS-reviewing/writing, so send them my way. Please send me a message in my inbox with your PS copied and pasted - I prefer to edit on SDN. Additionally, please remove personal details such as your name, college, hospital you worked/volunteered at, etc. For example:

Bad: "I was a volunteer at Cook County Health as my college, the University of Chicago had a pre-medial volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "HAROLD!!! HELP ME"

Good: "I was a volunteer at <PRIVATE HOSPITAL> as my college, the <PRIVATE> had a pre-medial volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "<PRIVATE>!!! HELP ME"

Lastly, I'm also editing secondaries. Please tell me the school name, prompt, word/character limit. Cheers.

Fourth, fifth, and sixth waves are DONE! ~bump~

I do apologize in the lateness of responding to some of your PS', my inbox was jam packed with great PS' that took some time to review - it's the peak season for PS-reviewing/writing, so send them my way. Please send me a message in my inbox with your PS copied and pasted - I prefer to edit on SDN. Additionally, please remove personal details such as your name, college, hospital you worked/volunteered at, etc. For example:

Bad: "I was a volunteer at Cook County Health as my college, the University of Chicago had a pre-medical volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "HAROLD!!! HELP ME"

Good: "I was a volunteer at <PRIVATE HOSPITAL> as my college, <PRIVATE> had a pre-medical volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "<PRIVATE>!!! HELP ME"

Lastly, I'm also editing secondaries. Please tell me the school name, prompt, word/character limit. Cheers.

Last edited:
Eight and ninth waves are DONE! ~bump~

Please send me a message in my inbox with your PS copied and pasted - I prefer to edit on SDN. Additionally, please remove personal details such as your name, college, hospital you worked/volunteered at, etc. For example:

Bad: "I was a volunteer at Cook County Health as my college, the University of Chicago had a pre-medical volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "HAROLD!!! HELP ME"

Good: "I was a volunteer at <PRIVATE HOSPITAL> as my college, <PRIVATE> had a pre-medical volunteer program there. A patient shouted my name, "<PRIVATE>!!! HELP ME"

~!~WAVES 10-14 have been completed~!~

Most people have submitted their AMCAS already, but if you're still working on your PS (or work/activities, or any section of the AMCAS), feel free to get some editing! Please send me a message in my inbox with your PS copied and pasted - I prefer to edit on SDN. Additionally, please remove personal details such as your name, college, hospital you worked/volunteered at, etc. For example:

Secondaries:
I'm happy to edit these as well, and numerous users have messaged me about them. Please include:
1. School Name
2. Prompt (please be precise: don't just say "its diversity," send the entire prompt)
3. Word/Character limit

Also - I'm adding a new feature to expedite this process, if you need editing done ASAP, please inbox me with "Important" as the subject! I'll get back to you ASAP then.