Essentials for PT Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeaPT2022

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a few interviews coming up and am stuck on what I should and should not bring.

-Portfolio with resumes?
-Purse to hold phone and water?
-Jacket if it's cold?

-Is there anything else I may need to bring?

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely recommend bringing a padfolio and a pen. It helps if you want to jot down any notes during presentations or your interviewers’ names to write thank you letters after. Anything else is really up to you. Resumes aren’t necessary, but you can keep a few copies in your padfolio in case. A purse can come in handy if you want to bring a few things along. And a jacket will be fine too. Good luck on your interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I have a few interviews coming up and am stuck on what I should and should not bring.

-Portfolio with resumes?
-Purse to hold phone and water?
-Jacket if it's cold?

-Is there anything else I may need to bring?
Yes to all of that. You probably won't need the portfolio & resumes but it does not hurt to have it with you (I did not, and also did not need them). Water will probably be provided but again, it does not hurt to bring. And if it's chilly (the lab where we do interviews is often chilly), you don't want to be distracted by it and again, does not hurt to bring.

I agree with everything above. I would also recommend bringing your actual thank you notes. Writing the note immediately after the interview will help make it more specific and personal--and you won't have a chance to forget exactly which faculty members to address them to. Write them as soon as you leave and get them in the mail. They're gonna start talking as soon as the last candidate leaves so the sooner they get your note the better.