Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I've been looking at the process of establishing Ohio residency since I'll have been living here for 12 months come summer, and I have a couple of questions about the whole process:
- I'm financially dependent on my long-term boyfriend at the moment (who is also not an Ohio resident and is going to go through the process as well). Yes, boyfriend, not husband. Is that okay or do we have to run down to courthouse on our way to get groceries?
- My boyfriend is a freelance web designer and works here in Ohio, pays taxes, bills, etc. here. However, a lot of his regular clients come from California. Would that disqualify us, because it's not technically Ohio money?
I had a couple more questions but am experiencing that wonderful brain fart. I may update this post later. Thanks in advance!
- I'm financially dependent on my long-term boyfriend at the moment (who is also not an Ohio resident and is going to go through the process as well). Yes, boyfriend, not husband. Is that okay or do we have to run down to courthouse on our way to get groceries?
- My boyfriend is a freelance web designer and works here in Ohio, pays taxes, bills, etc. here. However, a lot of his regular clients come from California. Would that disqualify us, because it's not technically Ohio money?
I had a couple more questions but am experiencing that wonderful brain fart. I may update this post later. Thanks in advance!