ETHERPREP for the writtens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livewires

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard about this a while back from a couple friends at U Pitt and just saw the banner. I'm going to try it for my inservice this year but was wondering if anyone had more info. Rumor has it that this thing uses the new ABA format and is based on last years key words. Supposed to be pretty bad-***.

Members don't see this ad.

I know one of the authors...used to be chief resident at U Penn. He's a stud...very ABA board oriented and does a lot of TEE. He's one of the cardiac guys at West Penn. Caught a glimpse of a few of the questions and they look awesome. Should be good for the in-service.

anybody have any idea on how much this will cost?

Members don't see this ad :)
what is this ether prep - where can you find it?

etherprep.com

I emailed them and got a form letter back saying it'll have questions and explanations, and be really cool, and helpful, and stuff. But no actual information that can't be gleaned from their web site (which has no information).

I guess I'll wait until they launch in a couple weeks. Sounds interesting, but I wonder if there'll be enough there to make it worthwhile - they advertise 250 questions, which is barely 1/4 of what Hall has.

Just got an insider peek at the testing system. Right now they are just beta-testing and are on schedule to release in about a week. I saw a few of the questions and they look great...all very clinically oriented with thorough explanations. I like the fact that they reference all of the material too, so you can just turn to the chapter in Miller or Barash if you wanna read more. 250 questions is a little low but they said they will be adding questions in real-time after the site launches at a rate of about 10-20 per week. Since the new exam will only be 250 questions, it does offer the opportunity to take one full-length test. The best thing is that these questions are all written in the new ABA format...clinical cases that make you apply your knowledge base. It also gets you in the habit of taking a computerized test.

The actual testing system is VERY cool. The questions are arranged by topic and exams can be taken accordingly. For example, they let me take a 20 question cardiovascular exam, but I could have chosen any or all topics. Also, the system tracks and charts your performance by exam and by topic so it would tell you if you were weak, in say, Pulmonary physiology.

Hope this helps.

The Hall questions are terrible in my opinion. Sure, there are a bunch of them, but are they really going to resemble the type of qeustions we see from now on when we take writtens....no. I'll choose quality over quantity any day of the week.