Etiquette for Cancelling Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started to accumulate more interviews than I am probably going to be able to make it to. I was wondering if anyone knows what the protocol is for cancelling an interview or not scheduling one at all?

Members don't see this ad.

ljd I was wondering if anyone knows what the protocol is for cancelling an interview or not scheduling one at all?[/QUOTE said:
No protocol just some common sense and manners. Your list of places to interview should focus on these three prinicples.

[1] Interview about 15 places if possible

[2] Divide interviews evenly into 3 main groups
-ivy league or top programs (ie university programs lots research, large #'s per class 6-10)
-community hospital programs with university affiliation
- areas close to family support

[3] If top spot programs offer cancel community hospital programs with university affiliation even if accepted interview and this program is not near family support.

How to cancel interview. Email note appreciating the offer but you regret you need to cancel due to volume of interviews and time constraints. Wish them the best of luck in their candidacy search.

Thanks a lot, Diane!