EU Resident lives in America but wants to go back to EU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C. Ronaldo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help me. I come to America from England as a 15 year old and have lived here for 13 years. That makes me 28. I got an American BS from University of Florida in Business. I have took no premed courses at all. i want to go back to Europe to become a doctor. I cannot become one in America because I have no greencard and therefore can get no financial aid. Does anyone know if in the UK I will be classified as an EU resident or an international student because I have lived in America for so long? I find it a bit ridiculous that im classified as an international student in America and the country where I was actually born and a citizen of.

Also, if it comes down to having to go to a different school in Europe, maybe Germany, Czech Rep. , Hungary, whereever, which country offers the best medical education for the money, and will I be classified as an EU resident elsewhere in europe? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

come on someone must be able to help.

I can only tell you how the situation is in Ireland :
you won't be considered as an EU student, since you lived outside the EU for the last 5 years.

Concerning the UK, you might find some info at www.ucas.com!

michael