EUS training outside the U.S.A?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ej6527

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

Is it possible to train in Endoscopic Ultrasound outside the United States and be able to come back to use that training as part of your practice? anyone know ?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the United States, but as far as Canada is concerned, I certainly know of a few Gastroenterologists trained in therapeutic endoscopy who obtained their fellowship training (in EUS) in Australia and the US and then subsequently returned to Canada to practice in large academic centers. If it can be done here, I am would believe that it is also possible to do so in the US.

Hello

Is it possible to train in Endoscopic Ultrasound outside the United States and be able to come back to use that training as part of your practice? anyone know ?

It's all about credentialing. Once you've got the license and the training, it comes down to who will give you privileges (and malpractice coverage). There is unlikely to be a single universal answer to this question.