evaluate course currciulum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is available to evaluate the proposed curriculum for an undergrad degree in psychology ,from a college in my area. I want to know if it is advisable to take organic chemistry I&II with it.
Thanks
Nev

Members don't see this ad.

Post the curriculum on here. If you need to take science classes for your general requirements anyway, you might as well take organic chemistry. Biology would be good as well. A lot of the graduate programs I'm applying to specifically ask about hard science courses, and I'm unfortunately lacking in that department (took AP bio and chem, so I hardly took anything as an undergrad).

Devin

Members don't see this ad :)
nev said:
this is the link:
http://www.uttyler.edu/psychology/ba_psychology.htm

If u can scroll down, you can see the curruiculum

Thanks
Nev
Looks decent. I'd suggest spreading your psych classes out as much as possible so you're not taking only psych for a year or something. I'd recommend taking both social and cognitive psych, even though only one is required. As for electives, I'd definitely take theories of personality and at least one development class.

Take lots of statistics, particularly at the advanced level. I'd also recommend basic calculus ....

But do u think I can fit organic chemistry I &II somewhere in my junior and senior years?