Evaluating my chances...Please give your 2cents

Started by Canadakid
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Canadakid

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all

So atm I am looking at applying to DO schools, or to Carib Med schools.

I graduated before in non science major, with a brutal 2.75 GPA.

I am going back now to pursue sciences, and retake the D's and low C's I received. Sadly, medical schools only take averages of retaken courses (hence why im going to try for DO as well) as well as the science pre-reqs.

Lets take MCAT out of the picture atm, because I've never written it yet and will do when the time is appropriate.

Once I have retaken all my D/lowC courses to get my GPA to a 3.00+ (If the new grade replaces the old grade completely) and assuming I did reasonably well in my sciences, do I have a reasonable shot at carib med schools?