evaluation of programs

Started by mjl34
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mjl34

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Andrew once gave his opinion of the pros and cons of wilmer vs. Iowa on this discussion board, but I couldn't find it in my search through past threads. I was wondering if anybody could comment about the some of the top programs (MEEI, Wilmer and Iowa especially) in terms of the following factors.

1. surgical volume/experience
2. quality of didactics
3. quality of clinical (non-surgical) experience
4. espirit de corps
5. level of autonomy
6. faculty's opinion of the housestaff (are they eager to teach?)

Regardless of where you are, if you're a current resident, please comment on your program. I'm sure people would love to get the inside scoop on where you're training.

Thanks everyone.

MJL
 
Andrew:

That certainly was a great post. Any comment on MEEI?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad