Ever been attracted to the doc you're shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnycane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't help but be attracted to the doctor I'm shadowing lol. I don't think I've ever respected or admired someone so much. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation :)

Members don't see this ad.

will you invite me to your wedding?

Reactions: 2 users
I suspect that this will be a non-issue, and maybe even a good thing as long as it's NOT too obvious to bystanders. If, for example, you and the doctor (let's say s/he is attracted back), are blushing at each other with sparkling eyes and using flirtatious voices, it may seem unprofessional, esp. if the doctor writes an LoR.

Just be self aware!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, considering that I met the doc I'm currently shadowing on Grindr... yeah.

Reactions: 7 users
I can't help but be attracted to the doctor I'm shadowing lol. I don't think I've ever respected or admired someone so much. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation :)

Story of my life

Reactions: 1 user
Here's a twist: Did s/he use to be your doctor?

You're obviously idealizing them. This is a classic example of the power differential at play. Keep it in your pants.

Maybe, but truly there aren't many people I respect besides my parents. His dedication to his job is incredible and he's so caring about his patients even when they're not around to see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of age differential are we talking here?

All the docs I've shadowed were old. One was semi-retired.

I shadowed a hot fellow once. It was great.

Hahahaha yes... well, it's usually the med student or resident working with the doctor I'm shadowing. It's completely innocent, and it does make me excited about medicine. :angelic:

Hahahaha yes... well, it's usually the med student or resident working with the doctor I'm shadowing. It's completely innocent, and it does make me excited about medicine. :angelic:

;):love: same

9/10 for this one. I definitely chuckled, if only because I have definitely met one or two physicians on Grindr. They were quite pleasant, if you must know.

Romance is divine, and I'm not one to knock it,
But diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Has said doctor been attracted to yours truly? Yes. Have I been attracted to said doctor, meh.

Not a doctor, but a dentist and a police officer :D