-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Everything is bigger in Texas
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
![]()
The LexisNexis WV pharmacy law book laying on top of the LexisNexis TX pharmacy law book.
What the hell, Texas? Really?
Does this mean that you are on the road to getting off unemployment? If so, congrats!
Does this mean that you are on the road to getting off unemployment? If so, congrats!
I thought it was something like "getting back on the road of employment"

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this mean that you are on the road to getting off unemployment? If so, congrats!
Maybe.
But look at the size of that damned thing. Good God.
Maybe.
But look at the size of that damned thing. Good God.
You will be OK..do a few all-nighters! It will be like you are back in school again!😳
You will be OK..do a few all-nighters! It will be like you are back in school again!😳
I tried couple of all-nighters last year and they did not help me.
I guess I'm just not an "all-nighter" person.
![]()
The LexisNexis WV pharmacy law book laying on top of the LexisNexis TX pharmacy law book.
What the hell, Texas? Really?
That's what she said...
When are you taking the Tx MPJE???
That's what she said...
When are you taking the Tx MPJE???
Whenever they let me.
Whenever they let me.
Just realized I let my ATT for the TX MPJE lapse...oops.
If I remember correctly, it took a little while to get it Mikey...so hang tight.
Just realized I let my ATT for the TX MPJE lapse...oops.
If I remember correctly, it took a little while to get it Mikey...so hang tight.
That's not good. They need to get with it ASAP. 🙁
That's not good. They need to get with it ASAP. 🙁
Its hit and miss - but I've had good experience calling BOPs and giving sob stories. It worked for intern licenses in two states thus far. Thinking about using it again for my Florida license...
Just realized I let my ATT for the TX MPJE lapse...oops.
If I remember correctly, it took a little while to get it Mikey...so hang tight.
Ouch... how much green is that??? A bit OT - but why TX?
Ouch... how much green is that??? A bit OT - but why TX?
I had work pay for it...I have my CPJE ATT that probably expires sometime this fall too. They take care of costs for licensing requirements, CE's, etc.
I don't know, I've just always wanted to live in TX...(and figured do Cali now while the stuff is still fresh), so I signed up to take it. But after gearing up to get the board cert last fall, I put those on the back burner...and wound up leaving them there after deciding to buy a house here.
Hmmm, maybe I'll feel like taking it next year for the heck of it though...
Its hit and miss - but I've had good experience calling BOPs and giving sob stories. It worked for intern licenses in two states thus far. Thinking about using it again for my Florida license...
Yeah, the TX BOP was able to swing my intern license in like a week and a half (explained I needed quickly for one of my rotations there). But the RPh reciprocation took ages.
I had work pay for it...I have my CPJE ATT that probably expires sometime this fall too. They take care of costs for licensing requirements, CE's, etc.
I don't know, I've just always wanted to live in TX...(and figured do Cali now while the stuff is still fresh), so I signed up to take it. But after gearing up to get the board cert last fall, I put those on the back burner...and wound up leaving them there after deciding to buy a house here.
Hmmm, maybe I'll feel like taking it next year for the heck of it though...
icic... I wasn't blown away by TX when I passed through earlier this year. What did you like about it? Was it nicer than south Fl?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
icic... I wasn't blown away by TX when I passed through earlier this year. What did you like about it? Was it nicer than south Fl?
Ehhh, nicer than South FL? Honestly, I don't know...I've never lived in TX, so can't compare.
On paper though, it offers a lot of what I like in a state...so I'd like to give it a try. I'm always up for something "new"...a new challenge after a few years. Which is what brought me up here from FL.
Ehhh, nicer than South FL? Honestly, I don't know...I've never lived in TX, so can't compare.
On paper though, it offers a lot of what I like in a state...so I'd like to give it a try. I'm always up for something "new"...a new challenge after a few years. Which is what brought me up here from FL.
BBQ is not a reason to move... Just say'n
BBQ is not a reason to move... Just say'n
It's not??
How is it possible that grapefruit stay fresh so long? I just cut one open that I accidentally had in my fridge drawer for a couple months...and it looks perfect. This is disturbing to me.
It's not??
I hear they eat cowpies for burgers too...
How is it possible that grapefruit stay fresh so long? I just cut one open that I accidentally had in my fridge drawer for a couple months...and it looks perfect. This is disturbing to me.
Citric acid???
Make sure you look over nuclear regulations for the state of texas. I had to take the MPJE-TX twice because on my first test, I received 12 questions on nuclear pharmacy operations. Not sure if that was the only reason why I failed it, but thats what I attribute it to...scored a 74. On the second test, I didn't change any of my studying habbits and scored a 96. Go figure...Whenever they let me.
Certain parts of texas are nicer than south florida...Austin and San Antonio comes to mind as being nicer. However, if you're looking for beach stuff, Texas doesn't even compare to Florida.icic... I wasn't blown away by TX when I passed through earlier this year. What did you like about it? Was it nicer than south Fl?
![]()
The LexisNexis WV pharmacy law book laying on top of the LexisNexis TX pharmacy law book.
What the hell, Texas? Really?
Hey man, if you're coming to Texas and need to pass the law portion, PM me.
That's not good. They need to get with it ASAP. 🙁
Texas Board does not do any thing ASAP.
Texas Board does not do any thing ASAP.
Everything is bigger in Texas...especially the wait times.
Everything is bigger in Texas...especially the wait times.
and also the waist lines waiting in the wait lines...

especially in Houston!and also the waist lines waiting in the wait lines...![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nice chinese cats in the background![]()
The LexisNexis WV pharmacy law book laying on top of the LexisNexis TX pharmacy law book.
What the hell, Texas? Really?
Certain parts of texas are nicer than south florida...Austin and San Antonio comes to mind as being nicer. However, if you're looking for beach stuff, Texas doesn't even compare to Florida.
Texas beaches (Galveston) is disgusting...
Corpus Christi/South Padre Island, or anywhere near Mexico looks semi-decent
10char
Last edited:
If you guys would like very succinct Texas Law study guides let me know, it will make some sense of our ridiculous legal requirements
Send it to me.
I have two guides already...the more the merrier.
nice chinese cats in the background
Even nicer are the Final Four tickets and lanyard to the left...
Maybe.
But look at the size of that damned thing. Good God.
It's nice to see Texas still has books at higher levels of education... although if it is written and editted by the same brain surgeons that do the K-12 textbooks, I'm assuming oral contraceptives will be referred to as "contraindicated in females of any age" amongst other instant classics.
😆It's nice to see Texas still has books at higher levels of education... although if it is written and editted by the same brain surgeons that do the K-12 textbooks, I'm assuming oral contraceptives will be referred to as "contraindicated in females of any age" amongst other instant classics.
Yeah, it really sucked studying Texas law last Fall. Too much to memorize. Our professors tell us that it is good the law is like that here because it is very specific about what can and cannot be done, so you do not have to guess. Not sure if I buy that though.
Yeah, it really sucked studying Texas law last Fall. Too much to memorize. Our professors tell us that it is good the law is like that here because it is very specific about what can and cannot be done, so you do not have to guess. Not sure if I buy that though.
you shouldn't, it sucks
Maybe.
But look at the size of that damned thing. Good God.
How's the studying coming along? I'm planning to take the TX law.
any advice?
How's the studying coming along? I'm planning to take the TX law.
any advice?
Don't come to TX.. aint no jobs..
How's the studying coming along? I'm planning to take the TX law.
any advice?
I'll have an opinion after I take and pass it.
Don't come to TX.. aint no jobs..
I just wanted to get licensed somewhere else before my naplex scored isnt valid anymore..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to get licensed somewhere else before my naplex scored isnt valid anymore..
How long is the score good for?
How long is the score good for?
3 years
3 years
Assuming you have worked as a pharmacist for longer than a year and are not licensed in Cali, you should be eligible for reciprocity. Score transfer is really used for new grads that will need to be licensed in multiple states (ie fresh out of school with no pharmacist work experience).
Not sure when Cali is going to get around to fixing reciprocity... Florida finally did it last year. I would imagine Cali will fix this eventually, but in the meantime, it may be prudent to hold a dual license in another state.
Assuming you have worked as a pharmacist for longer than a year and are not licensed in Cali, you should be eligible for reciprocity. Score transfer is really used for new grads that will need to be licensed in multiple states (ie fresh out of school with no pharmacist work experience).
Not sure when Cali is going to get around to fixing reciprocity... Florida finally did it last year. I would imagine Cali will fix this eventually, but in the meantime, it may be prudent to hold a dual license in another state.
so you're saying that if i'm licensed in 2008, i can reciprocate 20 years later if i decided to move to another state?
I was told that there's a time frame where your naplex score expires.