EVMS and MCV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucky9999

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an email notification or letter via snail mail inviting a secondary application???? And if so, what was your AMCAS transmittal date and date you received notfication

Thanks

Lucky

Members don't see this ad.

Or.....

Have you applied to these schools with competitive scores and like me have yet to hear anything????????

My AMCAS was processed on 7/8, and I got my email secondary from EVMS last week. I haven't heard anything from MCV yet, but I think that they had snail mail secondaries last year. I remember a friend of mine saying that she had to handwrite the essay for MCV. She ended up getting in, so I guess handwriting turned out to be okay for her!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think MCV had an online secondary last year. i was checking out their webpage and I got to a page that said "2002 Secondary Application and Applications Status Check". Hasn't been updated to 2003 yet, so maybe we still have a shot at MCV :)

I got a letter from MCV a few days ago saying that they would be sending out invitations for the online secondary in the next few weeks.

Has anyone else gotten anything from EVMS? I was verified and transmitted really early as well, but I haven't heard anything yet. :eek:

just wanted to say that i got a letter (snail mail) from VCU/MCV yesterday saying that they had received my primary and would make a decision concerning my secondary within the next 7 to 14 days of their receipt of my application. they received my primary on the 26th, so i should hear anytime from today to next friday. there is a website to check your status on-line (www.admissions.som.vcu.edu). hope this helps!~~

i'm out-of-state, by the way.

MCV is still screening but I got a snail mail letter from them a few days ago saying I should check my status on line in a couple of days. EVMS sent me an email invitation to complete their secondary about a week ago, so I've already finished that one. My AMCAS was trasmitted July 9 i think. I hope that helps. :)

For those who have received the EVMS secondary, when were you transmitted? I was transmitted early, but haven't received anything yet, and I'm in-state! Do they screen or what?

i transmitted 6/29 and was processed 7/8, and i'm out-of-state. i don't know what's going on or if they're screening.

if they are screening then i'm surprised i made the cut. ;)

Thanks Sweet Tea! :clap:

hey guys! i just got the letter from VCU-MCV today telling me to go look at their online secondary. I guess I did make that screening cut...if they screen at all :) My transmittal date was like 7/12. Good luck to everyone waiting :)

:)