1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EVMS and MCV

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lucky9999, Aug 2, 2002.

1. lucky9999

lucky9999 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Has anyone received an email notification or letter via snail mail inviting a secondary application???? And if so, what was your AMCAS transmittal date and date you received notfication

Thanks

Lucky

2. OP
    OP
    lucky9999

lucky9999 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Or.....

Have you applied to these schools with competitive scores and like me have yet to hear anything????????

3. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My AMCAS was processed on 7/8, and I got my email secondary from EVMS last week. I haven't heard anything from MCV yet, but I think that they had snail mail secondaries last year. I remember a friend of mine saying that she had to handwrite the essay for MCV. She ended up getting in, so I guess handwriting turned out to be okay for her!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think MCV had an online secondary last year. i was checking out their webpage and I got to a page that said "2002 Secondary Application and Applications Status Check". Hasn't been updated to 2003 yet, so maybe we still have a shot at MCV :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a letter from MCV a few days ago saying that they would be sending out invitations for the online secondary in the next few weeks.

Has anyone else gotten anything from EVMS? I was verified and transmitted really early as well, but I haven't heard anything yet. :eek:

6. chopsuey

chopsuey miss independent
    7+ Year Member

just wanted to say that i got a letter (snail mail) from VCU/MCV yesterday saying that they had received my primary and would make a decision concerning my secondary within the next 7 to 14 days of their receipt of my application. they received my primary on the 26th, so i should hear anytime from today to next friday. there is a website to check your status on-line (www.admissions.som.vcu.edu). hope this helps!~~

i'm out-of-state, by the way.

7. Jessica37

Jessica37 Member
    7+ Year Member

MCV is still screening but I got a snail mail letter from them a few days ago saying I should check my status on line in a couple of days. EVMS sent me an email invitation to complete their secondary about a week ago, so I've already finished that one. My AMCAS was trasmitted July 9 i think. I hope that helps. :)

8. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those who have received the EVMS secondary, when were you transmitted? I was transmitted early, but haven't received anything yet, and I'm in-state! Do they screen or what?

9. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i transmitted 6/29 and was processed 7/8, and i'm out-of-state. i don't know what's going on or if they're screening.

if they are screening then i'm surprised i made the cut. ;)

10. Wahoo07

Wahoo07 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Sweet Tea! :clap:

11. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey guys! i just got the letter from VCU-MCV today telling me to go look at their online secondary. I guess I did make that screening cut...if they screen at all :) My transmittal date was like 7/12. Good luck to everyone waiting :)

:)