Evolution and ecology terms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiddler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as i've taken the aamc exams, i occasionally come across an ecology/evolution question that includes terms i've never heard of.

I'm looking for a resource to cover all the terms that may be asked of me.

Members don't see this ad.

So as i've taken the aamc exams, i occasionally come across an ecology/evolution question that includes terms i've never heard of.

I'm looking for a resource to cover all the terms that may be asked of me.

I realize you're probably asking for this because of the adaptive radiation that popped up on one of the AAMCs and even though "adaptive radiation" is not on mcat-review, I think this is a good source.

It's what I read through after getting that adaptive radiation question wrong.

http://mcat-review.org/evolution.php

Also adaptive radiation is in Kaplan, here's all they say about it:

When a single ancestral species gives rise to a number of different species, adaptive radiation has occurred. Each species diverges to the point that it is able to occupy a unique ecological nice. Going back to the finches we mentioned previously, they exhibit adaptive radiation b/c the single ancestor led to 13 distinct species, each of which has a specific environmental role that is not filled by another species. What would be the benefit of such rapid evolution? It decreases competition for limited resources.