Exam is in a week, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dp101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im sitting for step 1 next week and I am freaking out. So far I have reviewed FA several times, and finished my first round of uworld (72%). I am currently reading FA one last time and on my second round of uworld (88%, half way done). I have also taken some practice exams, some are better than others. Nbme 11- 209, nbme 13- 215, Uworld assessment 1- 250, uworld assessment 2- 232. I do not understand the discrepancies between nbme and uworld and am very nervous. I keep postponing taking nbme16 because of my previous scores with nbme. I am worried I should postpone but feel that will lead a loss of confidence, motivation and an overall ability to study. Please, some insight would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would really recommend you take form 16 ASAP, just to get an idea as to what the latest NBME q's are like. I haven't taken NBME 15 but I know that form 16 has a lot more trickier q's than the other NBMEs I've taken (7,11,12,13). that doesn't necessarily mean it was crazy hard or anything, just a different way of questioning the stuff you've seen in other NBMEs.

Good luck for next week!

Absolutely agree with shrepete on this... the material is the same, but the language is what changes. Its safer to know you exhausted all resources and went in knowing as much as you can.

Thank you for your response. So i just did name 16. Scored a 230. Do you think its possible to score a 230+ in a week on the actual exam????

From the experiences thread, most people seem to have score 5-10 points higher than their NBME 16 score. I really wouldn't know though coz I haven't taken it.

I think you're ready though!