Exam is tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Houmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well the day I have been waiting for has finally only a matter of hours away now and I must admit it feels weird. After so much prep my NBMEs are nowhere near where I wanted them but have been pretty consistent and since I'm not gunning for anything super-competitive I'm not worried about it so long as I don't fail or anything horrible (knock on wood).

Trying to do as most people say and relax as much as possible on the day before the test but that doesn't seem too easy.

This thread doesn't have too much of a purpose just to kinda rant.

So, what do y'all do to relax on this ominous day?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm with ya brotha. go tomorrow as well. just looking through some of fa. did what i could, out of my hands now

Some people say take the day off. Personally I don't agree with that. I think the best thing is to treat this as if it were any other med school/undergrad test and do what you would normally do the day before. If that means relax, then relax. If that means cram stuff in your short-term memory, then by all means do that as well. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i usually cram for a school test, but this test is totally different with lots of thinking instead of regurgitating.

hence, i just finished studying...don't feel too ready, but, to quote a higher power, "it is finished."

time to pack, clean up from a month of neglect, enjoy life for today!

Clutch advice: go over ALL over you mnemonics. You don't want to be on the test trying to think "what was the P in PUNCH-K??". Microbio mnemonics especially. Maybe some pathways.

I'd say that is a better move than trying to learn new stuff or doing more questions or something. Just solidify what you know.

and FINISH the day by 5, go to gym (so that you can sleep), pack your food, and get to bed so that you can wake up early. don't forget ur id and w/e else you need to bring.

I'm 2 days (I guess almost 1 now) out and had the least productive day in all of my preparation. Totally should have moved my test up a few days. I feel like I'm forgetting everything

thx for the support guys it really means a lot! Now I get to sit back and wait a few weeks....:idea:

And for the above poster don't let the anxiety get to you. Have faith in your training and you will succeed. This is what you've been preparing for, you can do it! :thumbup: