SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Exam master qbank

Discussion in 'Step I' started by BrisketAttack, Jun 5, 2008.

1. BrisketAttack

BrisketAttack 2+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2008
    has anyone heard of/used this qbank? I just tried it for change from kaplan, and my first question asked about the cosignaling molecule that helps to activate B-cells. apparently it's CR2. never heard of it. the next questions asked intimate details of specific thalamic relay points both from the periphery to the cortex and vice versa. this seems like a crap qbank. any opinions?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. osli

osli Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Our school apparently has an institutional subscription, so it is available to all students free. I did about 50 questions and realized that it wasn't for me. It seems extremely low yield, and extremely detail oriented as you noticed. Nothing like Kaplan or UWorld. In fact, I only remember having one or two clinical patient presentation questions in that block of 50, while those make up the majority of UWorld/Qbank and at least half of the NBME's I've taken.

The only positives are that it is huge (10000+ questions) and in my case free. But the time it took to go through 50 questions was still probably wasted time.

Perhaps there is a way to prune that huge question set down to something more useful, but I never took the time to find out.
  4. doc20

doc20 5+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2007
    its useless, do kaplan or world
    though the question you mentioned is important to know that cr2 is bcell activator, its in the FA