Exam this friday, which new NBME(s) to take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sommf

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Moderately above average DO student, taking Step this friday and have time for probably 2 NBMEs before then so I'm wondering which to take, and why?

Free 120 1.5 weeks ago: 78%.

UWSA 1 and 2 over the past few days: 241 each (yes, people who dont score 270s do exist apparently).

For what it's worth, I was at 80%, 85%, 75%, 60% for UWSA2 blocks, as that last block hit my weaknesses over and over, which I'm currently correcting for. Anything above average on the real deal would be fine by me. Aiming for Neuro.

On one hand, getting a feel for the question style would be important (ish), however I'd rather not take a confidence hit at this point considering theres not much to really do about it and I don't really think I'm in danger of doing terribly, so theres not much to gain. Also don't want to burn out since I've been starting to feel that over the past couple weeks. Any advice? At this point I'm leaning towards NBME 21/23.

Members don't see this ad.