This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoManekiNeko

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of changes going around my University - which includes changing exam timetables to better suit their own timetable and make it one large comprehensive exam at the end of the semester. They are using the excuse that "it's like this everywhere else" but I don't think it is.

Would any of you be willing to post your exam timetables or message me a pic of them and the medical school you're from so I can present it at a student-faculty meeting this coming week? This includes timetables from any country - especially US and Canada!

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I know that some schools have exams every week, some every two weeks, some every three weeks, some at the end of an organ systems block, whenever that is, and some have just a mid-term and a final.

I haven't heard a med school that has just a single end of semester cumulative exam. data shows that repetition drives learning and repeated examination on the same subject helps retention. I do agree that a big cumulative exam does help prepare you for Boards.

We had 5 sets of exams in all of med school...no more often than every few months. It was awesome; I highly recommend it.

Reactions: 1 user