Examkrackers 101 Verbal Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably the best book out there for the verbal section, but it desperately needs to be updated since it is geared towards the old paper format of the exam. That said, are you guys/gals altering the length of the practice tests to be more consistent with the CBT format/length? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members don't see this ad.

I do it... I try to get roughly 40 questions from X number of passages and set a time limit of 60 minutes... Whatever passages I don't do I just do as spare practice.

This is probably the best book out there for the verbal section, but it desperately needs to be updated since it is geared towards the old paper format of the exam. That said, are you guys/gals altering the length of the practice tests to be more consistent with the CBT format/length? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you explain what you mean? The CBT version is shorter? I've just picked up the book and have been going through some of the passages...before these I felt confident in my reading comprehension and reasoning...but since I've tried a few, I realize that I'm going to have to really get some practice with this section.

Thanks in advance,
Krisss17

I'm not sure about the actual passages, but the verbal section on the CBT is an hour with 40 questions. Examkrackers 101 has the tests structured for the old format.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me, or are the examkrackers verbal passages interesting reads hence making the passage easier to do (I can find the main idea a lot easier)? I find TPR a lot harder.

Is it just me, or are the examkrackers verbal passages interesting reads hence making the passage easier to do (I can find the main idea a lot easier)? I find TPR a lot harder.

Really? I feel the opposite, I do really well on the TPR verbals questions but miss more on the EK ones. Maybe it's because there's pressure when I'm taking it with a group as opposed to by myself.

Did you buy the examkrackers strategy book too? I wonder if it's worthwhile? It seems like everyone on the board is in love with examkrackers. The whole package must be good.

Did you buy the examkrackers strategy book too? I wonder if it's worthwhile? It seems like everyone on the board is in love with examkrackers. The whole package must be good.

the verbal is freaking rediculous... Yea I can find the main idea... LOL too bad that isn't a question.