Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Examkrackers 101 Verbal Questions

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by PAGuyana, Mar 6, 2007.

1. PAGuyana

PAGuyana 10+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2006
    This is probably the best book out there for the verbal section, but it desperately needs to be updated since it is geared towards the old paper format of the exam. That said, are you guys/gals altering the length of the practice tests to be more consistent with the CBT format/length? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. viciouz

viciouz WesternU 2013 7+ Year Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Chino Hillls
    I do it... I try to get roughly 40 questions from X number of passages and set a time limit of 60 minutes... Whatever passages I don't do I just do as spare practice.

4. Krisss17

Krisss17 2+ Year Member

Can you explain what you mean? The CBT version is shorter? I've just picked up the book and have been going through some of the passages...before these I felt confident in my reading comprehension and reasoning...but since I've tried a few, I realize that I'm going to have to really get some practice with this section.

Thanks in advance,
    Krisss17

5. PAGuyana

PAGuyana 10+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2006
    I'm not sure about the actual passages, but the verbal section on the CBT is an hour with 40 questions. Examkrackers 101 has the tests structured for the old format.

6. raptors

raptors 5+ Year Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Is it just me, or are the examkrackers verbal passages interesting reads hence making the passage easier to do (I can find the main idea a lot easier)? I find TPR a lot harder.

7. EECStoMed

EECStoMed Persistence > Intel 2+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Really? I feel the opposite, I do really well on the TPR verbals questions but miss more on the EK ones. Maybe it's because there's pressure when I'm taking it with a group as opposed to by myself.

8. raptors

raptors 5+ Year Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Did you buy the examkrackers strategy book too? I wonder if it's worthwhile? It seems like everyone on the board is in love with examkrackers. The whole package must be good.

9. christian15213

christian15213 Banned Banned

Jul 28, 2006
    Miami
    the verbal is freaking rediculous... Yea I can find the main idea... LOL too bad that isn't a question.