Examkrackers 10th vs 9th edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hugh2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth buying the 10th edition for Examkrackers or is the 9th edition sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished 9th. It was great. Haven't looked at the 10th yet but they're both geared for the new MCAT so I wouldn't think it matters much

I also used the 9th edition!

There are probably only a few real differences (not including different practice questions). The only big-ish thing I can remember is that in the Chemistry book, the 9th ed. notes that the MCAT can also test you on SN1/SN2, but it isn't covered in the text. I guess it was added to the topic list when they were about to publish or something. Because of that, SN1/SN2 is probably in the 10th edition, but if you can be satisfied with the explanation from your old textbook/Khan academy/etc., there's probably no need to buy the new one.

This is from a review on Amazon regarding the differences bet 9th/10th edition:

"I would like to address the 3 biggest changes;
1) The actual text of the 10th ed. biology 1 book, now labeled "biochemistry" instead of "biomolecules" has included some more extensive research and content.
2) The Psychology & Sociology book in the 10th ed. has been amplified with more terms and sufficient content.
3) The five science books now have updated 30-minute exams. Instead of just 3 passages, it is now 4 passages and 5 discrete questions per chapter exam. The first 3 passages of the science books are no different from the 9th and 10th ed.

The other four books; Physics, Chemistry, Biology 2, and Verbal Reasoning seem to be nearly 85% identical to the 9th edition. I will note that the verbal reasoning strategy has had some changes that were noticeable, especially in chapter 4. Basically, EK seems to have updated their verbal strategy"

Reactions: 1 user
I have the 9th edition of the Psyc/Soc manual of EK and I was wondering if I should buy the !0th edition - are the 30 minute exams in the back of the !0 edition different from the ones in the 9th?