ExamKrackers Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkcadillac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sufficient for content review? Or should I supplement with other books?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Good for content, but should be supplemented with BR Bio or TPRH Science Workbook for more practice passages. It's also helpful to have BR Bio or TPRH Bio for further depth on a topic if needed.

Good for content, but should be supplemented with BR Bio or TPRH Science Workbook for more practice passages. It's also helpful to have BR Bio or TPRH Bio for further depth on a topic if needed.

Thanks for the info. Also is it best to complete all the passages for a specific chapter before moving on to the next chapter?

AKA) Study chapter 1 of EK Biology, then do the all the practice passages for that chapter in EK Bio 101, TPR Science Workbook and TBR Bio before moving on to study the next chapter?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Also is it best to complete all the passages for a specific chapter before moving on to the next chapter?

AKA) Study chapter 1 of EK Biology, then do the all the practice passages for that chapter in EK Bio 101, TPR Science Workbook and TBR Bio before moving on to study the next chapter?

Thanks

I favor splitting up the work in a similar fashion to what I present in my schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks

I would recommend completing all your content review and then moving on to doing practice passages. The good passages will integrate content from several concepts so it helps to have reviewed everything beforehand. Even EK's lecture quizzes and Bio 101 sections sometimes ask questions from other chapters, if I recall correctly.

I agree with SN2ed. You will never know if it is sticking when you're just reading the pages. Read a chapter and then do some EK 1001 bio passages and then some TPR or TBR passages and move on. Once you're done finish up what you have for EK Bio 1001 and TPR/TBR passages. Practice makes sure you think about why or how something works, which for the MCAT is ESSENTIAL.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

well, to each his own. I will say that saving passages for the post-review period did work out well for me, so it is a workable strategy.

Not sure I understand the splitting up the work part. Wouldnt you want to know the content first before doing more practice? Don't each section topic have practice problems at the end to test mastery of that section? I don't have the 1001 Bio but I imagine it's just random bio questions. It's not organized by topic is it? So how do you correlate between the section you are reading, say the autonomic system versus finding practice problems in the 1001 guide?

I've noticed a handful of mistakes in the examkrackers Biology book. I know quite a bit about anatomy and physiology so these mistakes are easy to spot. I just hope the things I don't know a ton about (i.e. chemistry/physics) don't have similar errors.

anyone get their tails owned on ek bio lecture 6 exam? It destroyed me

I made a 10 on it but don't put too much value into those 30 min in class exams. I think they kind of suck because they are really difficult but it's usually detailed stuff which is unlike the real exam. I made 8-10 on physics and chem ice's and yet make 12-14's on the aamcs. I think the 8 questions every third of each chapter are much more helpful.

i haven't touched my EK 1001 Biology book, since i am using TBR bio. My test is in 2 weeks, should i just focus on first completing TBR bio then go to EK 1001, or are they both equally legit.

thanks