ExamKrackers Errata

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msw27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Although I love examkrackers, I'm extremely peeved that they force you to pay for their errata forum. It's $13.00 for 3 months of viewing, how ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is that I'm considering paying it so that I don't further confuse myself on the test.

Have any of you paid and accessed it? If so, was it worth the money? Are the forums printable?

Members don't see this ad.

I was shocked when I found out that EK wanted me to pay them (on top of the ~$200 I've already spent on their material) to provide me with known errors in that material. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think this is an obscene business practice. I suggested to them they might make more money if they made ALL the answers wrong and then charge for the errata. I think it's especially insulting that they loudly proclaim in the first pages of all their books that they have fewer errata than any other prep book on the market, but that they "provide a public list of our errata for your benefit".

Wold anyone put up with this crap if an encyclopedia charged extra for the CORRECT information? what kinda BS is this.

Do some googling and SDN advanced searches...anything is available on the intrawebz if you know how to look.

Members don't see this ad :)
it used to be free, I guess people started asking/finding too many errors for them to keep up with

I'm so aggravated. I called them and stated that they probably shouldn't publish books with errors in them and expect us to pay additionally for their mistakes. The man responded that that's what the 'president wants.' I asked to speak with the president but that didn't go over well.

So I got angrier...

...then I paid the fee because I want to know where all the damn errors are:mad:

Honestly, I still like EK because it's method works for me. And there aren't THAT many errors. An error might constitute a mis-spelled word or duplication which you can obviously look over.

PM me if you have errata questions and I'll get back to you so you can save money. Or maybe I won't, in avoidance of copyright law:D

I'm so aggravated. I called them and stated that they probably shouldn't publish books with errors in them and expect us to pay additionally for their mistakes. The man responded that that's what the 'president wants.' I asked to speak with the president but that didn't go over well.

So I got angrier...

...then I paid the fee because I want to know where all the damn errors are:mad:

Honestly, I still like EK because it's method works for me. And there aren't THAT many errors. An error might constitute a mis-spelled word or duplication which you can obviously look over.

PM me if you have errata questions and I'll get back to you so you can save money. Or maybe I won't, in avoidance of copyright law:D

:laugh: lol :laugh:

:(
im considering paying myself. on top of the hundreds I already shelled out for EK. rawr

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=471936
This is what I found in these forums.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard of....

An argument can be made that AO or the books are sold illegally and this is a chance to get money back for that...... well then put a registration key on your product and make it a year subscription to the forum... or something similar... hopefully you provide paying customers with the proper information and leave downloaders with the mistakes.

ExamKrakers makes a good product, but the idea selling a defective product and charging for the fix is nonsense....

Knowing that audio osmosis is easily found on torrents and 100's of people are selling the copies of the cd..... where is your motivation to buy the real product when you know it will have errors and the company is then going to make you pay to get them.... I don't condone theft of intellectual property.... and purchased ek texts and a legit copy of AO.... but where I would usually condemn downloading and copying.... they're asking for it with these policies.