ExamKrackers - To believe or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DasMaster

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My question is for those of you out there, you have taken the MCAT using ExamKracker books.

I have all the books, all the CDs.

Can I expect to get a better score with these materials?

Are these the best materials (along with the AAMC) exams?

Should I buy anything else?

Thanks a lot guys, and good luck to all of you studying for April.

DasMaster
:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT in August, but I took the Princeton Review class. I am taking it again this April and I am using the verbal, physics and g. chem examkracker 1001 question book. I believe that the verbal practices are really helpful and close to the verbal on MCAT. Physics and g. chem questions make you think more about the concepts that I believe are very helpful.
I believe examkrackers are a good set to study from, but no matter how much you buy, you still have to make sure you go back to analyze your mistakes. We have less than 2 months before the exam, so I would be more concerned with analyzing and practicing the material you have now than worrying about buying tons more practice books, because I know all the exam kracker study and practice material will last you to at least the exam date. Unless by this time you have already finished studying and practicing all the examkracker passages and study problems. If that was the case, I would congratulate you and be in awe and then encourage you to go out and buy more practice material.

Hello

I took the april 2002 mcat and I took the EK course..so I used their books and the CDs. The materials are great.

Great materials are only a facilitator in getting a great MCAT score. It must first come from your commitment to doing well on the mcat. That said, I loved the EK materials...thought their books explain things really well, and I liked how all my full lenghts were were the aamc tests.

bonnie

I agree with Miss Bonnie. Study very hard using Examkrackers and you'll be in a great position to do very well.

I strongly suggest reviewing all Examkrackers books, doing the questions in the 1001 books, and also supplementing with Princeton Review practice tests and AAMC exams. Don't rely only on Examkrackers tests because I found the Princeton Review practice tests to be better, but the EK materials (books and 1001 questions) were the best.

Good luck!