EXAMKRACKERS USERS FOR APRIL MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP OUT.
HAS ANYONE USED THE EXAMKRACKER BOOKS OR AUDIO OSMOSIS FOR THE APRIL MCAT OR OTHER MCATS AND FOUND IT TO BE HELPFUL? PLEASE ESPECIFY WHICH EXAMKRACKER DID YOU USE....BOOKS/AUDIO?

Members don't see this ad.

I own everything they have. I really think that these two guys are the answer to all the frustration.

My scores went from: 8,7,9
My scores are noe: 10,11,12

yeap, a nine point increase. I also studied my butt off, but I really think what helped is that every night I would listen to one CD from audio Osmosis as I went to sleep. EVERY NIGHT for three months. I didn't memorize formulas, I understood the physics that created the formulas.

Good Luck and PM if you want.

The examkrackers course is only available in the NYC area, but you can buy their materials on their website, amazon.com, bn.com, and bamm.com. They are not the same company as Berkeley review. I have been using examkracker books to study for the August MCAT and I think they are very good. I don't know much about BR.

Members don't see this ad :)
BR and EK are different companies. I also think they have different approaches to the MCAT. BR tends to grind you down with detail with the idea that you'll retain the important stuff. EK tends to give you the essentials with the idea that details confuse you and don't make you practice applying concepts during the test. I prefer the EK method. Their books are available on their website <a href="http://www.examkrackers.com" target="_blank">www.examkrackers.com</a>

Hey-

I used exmakrackers for the april 2002 mcat along with AO. I took their course at Columbia U. I took kaplan back in '99 for the mcat, but ended up not taking the mcat. So when last fall I started looking into courses again, I gave EK a call and talked to Jon for a while about which course I should take. I don't remember exactly what he said but it was so convincing that I immediately signed up.

Anyway, I really liked their books. I was weak in Physics and DREADED having to go over it again. Not only did I really learn ther material but I actually really like physics now!

My first diag score (aamc 3) was 9V 7P 9B, my april 2002 mcat was 10V 12P 12B. good luck!

-bonnie

I used EK - no tapes, but all the books - and also took Kaplan. Thought EK was great and liked the books (esp. BIO) a lot. Happy with my score.

Chemistry Boy,

No, I haven't taken either of the courses (I took TPR). I did use their materials though. The EK materials really seemed to focus on the thinking process, whereas the BR practice tests seemed to focus on subjects in greater detail and complexity. I've also heard from people (one a friend of mine) who've taken the BR course and said basically the same thing.

I think BR can pay off if you are willing to put in the work for it. Of course, that goes for almost every review course out there. I just think EK is a *slight* shortcut in a way.