Examkrackers: Verbal Reasoning 101, 1st Edition 2002 vs. 2nd Edition 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NinjaMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have either of the Examkrackers Verbal Reasoning 101 books?

Do you know what the main differences are?

Are the passages and questions the same between the two editions, more or less?

Is it just the format that is different:

i.e.

1st Edition, 2002 - 9 passages per exam, 85 minutes, 60 Questions/exam (same format as the old AAMC administration)

2nd Edition, 2008 - 7 passages per exam, 60 minutes, 40 Questions/exam (same format as current AAMC administration)

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've been told on this site, the new version is simply the old version with questions and passages thrown out. No new material was put in it whatsoever. I actually specifically used the old version since there are obviously more passages to practice with, although I didn't actually finish everything anyway.

From what I've been told on this site, the new version is simply the old version with questions and passages thrown out. No new material was put in it whatsoever. I actually specifically used the old version since there are obviously more passages to practice with, although I didn't actually finish everything anyway.

I've got the old edition as well. If it's just the same passages, I don't think I will spend the extra money on getting the newer edition. I'll skip the last question of each passage (or randomly omit one), and go through seven passages for each 60 minutes I use to take the Verbal Reasoning Exam.