Examkrackers Verbal Test 3, #31

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6FX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have the book, I narrowed down the choices to B or D. Then I chose D because I (incorrectly) read into the passage a slightly negative tone by the author as she spoke about the publishing industry. Two things: first, any suggestions on how I can avoid the same mistake? The correct answer c, is gained from two different parts of the passage. I only recalled the first section, which made me think the answer choice was something the author would agree with. Secondly, as a hypothetical exercise, was answer choice d "extreme?" Was its tone out of scope with the author's tone? I'm trying to integrate different strategies...

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have the book, I narrowed down the choices to B or D. Then I chose D because I (incorrectly) read into the passage a slightly negative tone by the author as she spoke about the publishing industry. Two things: first, any suggestions on how I can avoid the same mistake? The correct answer c, is gained from two different parts of the passage. I only recalled the first section, which made me think the answer choice was something the author would agree with. Secondly, as a hypothetical exercise, was answer choice d "extreme?" Was its tone out of scope with the author's tone? I'm trying to integrate different strategies...

I also put D. Don't really understand it either. One of the sentences in the first paragraph seems to completely invalidate C as an answer.