Excellent opportunity to FTD's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tummala_p

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't get selected in interview? don't worry here is the option. Marquette University in Milwaukee offers an AEGD program for FTD's with stipend of 35,000$/yr and Health Insurance with F1 visa. If you don’t believe me check this out.

http://www.marquette.edu/dentistry/about/departments/clinical/AEGD/atgd-programs.shtml

Bye and good luck

P.S: No questions and P.Ms to me, Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanx for the heads up
Did you already apply to it?

I just called them and trying to find out. They said the dead line was October 1 st and now they dont have any space available. They still have some studnets in waititng list. But space are already filled. So i think applying for this year is just wasting money for this year. We can apply next year if dont get admisison this year. Thanks you so much fro the information though. Let's just pray to god.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mailed them and they sent me the link to the application and stuff. They also wrote that though the last date for application is past, they are accepting applications. But if the spaces are already filled, guess there is no point in applying like you said.
Any other AEGD programs that are still open to foreign trained dentists?

I got the smae email .But i talked to person on phone directly and she said that there is no space but you can try. I think there is no space then there is no neeed to apply. Trying and after deadline is always waste of money. I prefer applying for one more dental school if i want to waste money.

Last edited:
Sorry for sounding ignorant but is the AEGD program different from any other international dental program. Are there any kind of restrictions after you get through that program...Will your work (licensure exam) be confined to a particular area in the US...

AEGD is a certificate program and does not offer a DMD or DDS degree which is a prerequisite for writing the license exams.
In short after you finish AEGD, you still won't be able to obtain your license or practice in the USA
This is what I understood from the info I read. Please let me know if I am wrong
KSR

AEGD is a certificate program and does not offer a DMD or DDS degree which is a prerequisite for writing the license exams.
In short after you finish AEGD, you still won't be able to obtain your license or practice in the USA
This is what I understood from the info I read. Please let me know if I am wrong
KSR
Admissions for Foreign Trained Dentists

Dentists, who were trained in countries outside the United States, but wish to practice here, may apply for advanced standing admissions. These candidates are required to complete three years of study at Marquette. Marquette admits foreign-trained dentists on a space-available basis. The number of spaces available each year is generally not known until March. The program begins in May of each year. At the conclusion of the three year program, the student will receive a DDS degree.
The application deadline for our Advanced Standing program is February 1st of each year. Potential applicants can request an application packet here