Volunteering Opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mukund98

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Guru Prasad Ramani and I'm a dentist from India. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm staying in Atlanta for a brief period and wanted to find out whether there would be any volunteering activities that can be done by an international dentist. If we can do, where can we find out about it and whom do we reach out to? This would really help me with respect to my experience and would help me learn as well. If anyone could shed some light on this topic, it would be wonderful and also useful for other candidates as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reach out to clinics in your proximity directly. You can also contact dental schools around you for shadowing. Explore the option of community clinics as well. Based on the clinic traffic and needs they might be willing to pay you (they mostly don't, but people do end up getting lucky).

When you have multiple options, pick the one that would have more contact and could get you better recommendation letters when you apply for your program.