"Exclusive invitation to apply" E-mail from Creighton? What's it about?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joleybear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Says this and what not "When you apply, you will receive several advantages, including first choice of an interview date. You will also be given priority admission and scholarship consideration!"

The e-mail doesn't specifically say to apply Early Decision, but is that what they are suggesting? Is this really an "exclusive" invitation or do random people get these e-mails?
I clicked on the link that says "apply" and it said my name plus this

"We look forward to considering you for admission soon!
To accept your exclusive invitation to apply to the Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions for 2019 admission, you will need to complete the PharmCAS Application. If you wish to apply for Early Decision, the deadline is September 4."

I tried Google and searched in the forums to see if anyone asked before but can't find info.

Members don't see this ad.

Says this and what not "When you apply, you will receive several advantages, including first choice of an interview date. You will also be given priority admission and scholarship consideration!"

The e-mail doesn't specifically say to apply Early Decision, but is that what they are suggesting? Is this really an "exclusive" invitation or do random people get these e-mails?

To accept your exclusive invitation to apply to the Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions for 2019 admission, you will need to complete the PharmCAS Application. If you wish to apply for Early Decision, the deadline is September 4."

I tried Google and searched in the forums to see if anyone asked before but can't find info.
I also got the email but i dont know

Reactions: 1 user
I'm relatively sure if you've started the PharmCAS application, or started one last cycle, schools are going to send you invitations to apply to their school. Just in the last week, I've received similar emails from Husson and Marshall pharmacy schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm relatively sure if you've started the PharmCAS application, or started one last cycle, schools are going to send you invitations to apply to their school. Just in the last week, I've received similar emails from Husson and Marshall pharmacy schools.
Thanks!!! I was just confused like what do they mean? Am I supposed to apply right now for some reason? Do I actually have some special invitation or is it just early decision they are referring to and they just trying to lure me? Lol. I appreciate you sharing.

I also got the email but i dont know
Thanks for letting me know anyway! It was a bit vague imo.

Sounds like pharmacy schools are more desperate for applicants than ever. They want to make sure you get locked in a seat before you chance your mind so they can get the tuition $$$ from you.

Reactions: 2 users
Hahaha because less and less people apply every year. Don’t take my word for it though, I’m just a pharmacist.

I applied to a non-pharmacy program at a school with a pharmacy program. I got an email urging me apply to the PharmD program after getting accepted to my own program o_O

Reactions: 2 users

I can google translate this for you, "PLEAAASSSEE PLEASE JOIN OUR SCHOOL! OH GAWD PLEASE JOIN!!!"

Reactions: 1 users

Like others have said: a glorified way of advertising. Doesn’t mean you have one leg up on anyone. Just the business side of academia-pharmacy.

Are u apply there this cycle?
Yes I am.

Like others have said: a glorified way of advertising. Doesn’t mean you have one leg up on anyone. Just the business side of academia-pharmacy.
I figured that much but I wanted to be certain I didn't need to respond. And I was wondering if they were referring to early decision or what and it kept saying I need to apply at a certain time. So I was like in general or for early admission? I can't do early admission because I haven't taken the PCAT.