Exercise in Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just my thoughts. I ran my PR at Austin Marathon several years ago (2:22) I ran a few minutes better than I had at Chicago but was also in a little better shape. I'm sure you can manage your time in med school well and still chase the dream!:thumbup:

2:22 is really...fast. I am still trying to finish a HM by the end of year:D

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, amigo. good luck in the half. do you know which one you're going to run? I think thery're adding a half to the full marathon we have here in Richmond in Novermber...nice town for running and they do a good job w/ other races they put on here.

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/advancedint.htm

The training regiments pretty much encompass what marathondude was talking about. If you do one of them in entirety you should qualify easily. You probably won't come within 30 minutes of mdude's but you should be able to break mine.

I'm sure there are better programs but in my case (female polo player randomly decides she wants to qualify for boston) it was perfect because it was free, structured and easy to follow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools have some good 3+mile running lanes or trails near the school? Places you dont have to worry about being mugged or run over because of traffic.

We have a good path here in SLC 16 miles or so along the river.

Any other good places?

Austin is no longer a fast course. They changed it a few years ago, and it is pretty tough now.

thanks, amigo. good luck in the half. do you know which one you're going to run? I think thery're adding a half to the full marathon we have here in Richmond in Novermber...nice town for running and they do a good job w/ other races they put on here.

Marathon, you better get into Bradenton so I have somebody to train with, that is a command

Marathon, you better get into Bradenton so I have somebody to train with, that is a command

your command is my wish...

Austin is no longer a fast course. They changed it a few years ago, and it is pretty tough now.

remember hearing that now; hopefull they at least retained the hometown charm of having a Hooter's adjacent to the finish.