Experiences - Research + Presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdp00921

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

As we all know, AMCAS allows up to 15 spaces. I'm debating on specific experiences to post and I wasn't sure how to go about research with a presentation. Should I post both as one experience labeled research, or would it be better to post 2 separate experiences? I want to be sure I'm being concise and not wasting a space when it could have been condensed into one experience.

Thanks in advance!
-J

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

As we all know, AMCAS allows up to 15 spaces. I'm debating on specific experiences to post and I wasn't sure how to go about research with a presentation. Should I post both as one experience labeled research, or would it be better to post 2 separate experiences? I want to be sure I'm being concise and not wasting a space when it could have been condensed into one experience.

Thanks in advance!
-J
If you presented at an on-campus event, use one Research space to mention the project, your role, and the presentation. If you presented at an off-campus conference and the process for your inclusion was selective, then give the presentation its own space in a Posters/Presentations slot.

Last edited:
If you presented at an on-call event, use one Research space to mention the project, your role, and the presentation. If you presented at an off-campus conference and the process for your inclusion was selective, then give the presentation its own space in a Posters/Presentations slot.

Thanks so much!

I would wrap the research and presentation into one if it's from the same experience and you're short on space for activities. In the description, you can write about the experience and note that it ended up in a poster (and a citation for the poster if there is one). If you have extra slots, you can obviously separate them.